THR postponed AGAIN !

Have to agree with #99 just forget the damn thing! Obviously we have been put off long enough, Its just the Street Stock race, not the people that put on the best show or anything. Count the #4 and #9 out.

What in the Hello do you want him to do. He had the race schedule since Oct. 2nd. Weather and other tracks have not cooperated with his plans.

How many people do you think would have been in the stands saturday night once the sun went down? Not very many. As much as I wanted this race to happen tomorrow, I can't say that I blame him. He would have lost his butt. And I think he has done that enough this year.

If racing on the 23rd on top of the WACO DIRT race wasnt such an issue then we could have been done with this a long time ago. We dont care about the induro race!!!! Not to mention the fact that the junk ass cars are going to get paid more than the best class out there!!!

stay home then- i want to race,i would really like to accomadate to the cc and sa guys..but seeing as how parader 99,and maybe the knook were the only ones coming-so the 20 th is fine by me...really whats one more week...i built a racecar to race it..if that's next week, next month,whenever....i don't see what there is to get so bent out of shape over...if you don't wanna race don't, but i do....

If yankin' that motor out a week early is that important then do it. From all the weather reports I have been seeing it looks grim for racin'. Even if it didn't rain with the high probability that it would and the cold...that alone would keep most spectators from coming out. It would also keep a lot of people from driving a long ways just to find out that they have to turn around and go home because of a last minute call. I don't have deep pockets and I doubt that a lot of other street stock drivers do. Once I quit racing a full schedule I no longer asked for money from sponsors. I can wait another week...hell I wish THR would schedule another race after that for those of us that really want to race. Hey CRAZY HORSE maybe we can rent the track and race each other. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well some people may not like the Enduro cars. And that is there right, but some people may like them.

Nothing can be done to please everyone.

We come on here and complain about tracks not working with each other and so TTOPA is born. THR tried not do the very thing that people complain about and then you have the nerve to complain.

You tell me if you where in Brian's shoes, what would you do? Have the race, then it rains, then you have people coming from different towns show up and no race. Boy, then you would have some mad people on your hands. You deal with them then. I have done it before and trust me it is no fun. He did the smart thing by rescheduling it, yet again.

From a fans view, I was excited about the race when I thought it was ONLY an enduro. Hell, racing is racing. You can put some rats on little freakin' rat bike and I'd watch em' race. If you say "no one cares about the enduro race", then you're not a real fan or you're not a real driver.

How happy would you be if you drove 3/4 hours trailering a car the whole way just to find out you get to turn right back around and drive home? Oh yeah... then... a week or so later... you get to "try" again. I'm applaud them for making the decision early. This way people can maybe see it on the THR site, or hear it on the THR machine and not make the trip.

Brian and Jim, sometimes it seems you just can't win.

Call off the race it "too soon" and people complain because any idiot could tell the weather was going to clear by race time. Don't call it soon enough and people complain because they had to tow from far away when any fool could tell it was going to rain at race time.

Try to work your schedule around events at sister tracks and people complain about it. Try to bring in another class to put some people in the stands and people complain about it. Try to schedule an extra-length post-season race and people say they're not going to run because of this or that.

And hey, I know there are a bunch of folks out there who understand what Brian and Jim are up against and support them every chance they get. To those folks I say THANKS. And to the rest I say.. well.. never mind.

Nick Holt

we planned on being there this weekend but due to the arts awards on the 20 th the 05 and 91 street stocks will not make it

Sorry you won't be able to make it. We'll miss you guys for sure..

Nick Holt

If you are really wanting people in the stand, you wouldn't have postponed the race what, now 4 times. The fans don't get on Texas Speed Zone and fing out when a race is going to be, they just don't know about it. I also haven't seen anything to advertize the race, paper, news, radio, anything. Now your greatest concern might not be the fans, but the turnout. I speak for at least some of us, we are SICK of waiting. I know there's something in the owners head that keeps them from running the race, weather is not good enough, that is one of the most unpredictable things. I say just cancel it.

-Shawn

P.S. just my 2 cents worth

Well I guess it just makes it better for this cc driver,no complaints here, quit whinning & race if you can. See yall there. You can't keep everybody happy all the time, just some of the people some of the time. :D

You know that last weekend's race was held in the daytime at TMS. It was the most beautiful day iv'e been at a race. Maybe, just maybe yall can run the race in the daytime next week, warmer, and maybe all of us that where planning on attending can still go AND then still go to the ARTS banquet afterwards!

The gates opened at 7:00 am practice at 9:30 qualifying started at 11:00 and the races started at 2:00 pm We where out of there by 4:30, and home at 8 pm from Ft Worth.

I would really like to come watch Bryan Merideth put icing on his cake with a win in the street stock race!

Just an old mans thought's :o

I am sure that Brian & Jim put a lot of thought into this before pulling the plug. Most of the people complaining don't realize (or maybe just can't) the amount of time & money it takes to put on a show like this. As far as some of you not being able to make it because of other commitments that is fine, and that is life. I am sure that if ANYONE out there would like to switch roles with Brian & Jim and let them prepare your car for a race and pay for it, and you prepare for a weekend of racing with the bad weather coming and pay for it out of your own pocket, your attitude will change.

Instead of complaining spend some time with your kids of family and enjoy the weekend, life is to short to be complaning about another week.

You will get to race again!!

Archived