THR postponed AGAIN !

First off I have to agree with brians decision to cancel, I plan on being in the stands to watch this thing kick off even if it means waiting another week. However Gundog that is a great idea, I agree with u. Brain that is something you should at least consider. Hell even though I love racing its is hard physically being out at the track until 1am then having to get up the next morning to go to my real job. Just my .02

Sean

LM05 Crew B)

Nick, I second that...a day race would be better this time of year. I know Brian would go for a big cut in his electric bill by not having to use the lights. Also others that are planning to attend the ARTS Banquet may also be able to make it. GUNDOG10...Great idea!

Maybe my post came across too strong. I must admit I was pretty ticked off to see the race postponed yet again. Here's my deal: If it was postponed because of the temperature, it may as well be cancelled. It's likely to be pretty cold from here on out. We're not afraid of the cold. If, on the other hand, it was postponed due to the threat of rain, why not wait until about 10:00 or so Saturday morning. That would give the CC guys time to get here in time for the pit opening or decide to stay home. I mean, look at the weather now. It's not looking too bad at all (10:45 AM.)

I like the idea of a day race too. Why not?

But one thing's for sure, the track needs to take this opportunity and promote this race this week. Maybe we can actually get some out of town cars to come if the total payout is released.

Hope to see you guys next week.

cs

Shawn you have a most interesting post, race postponed 4 times well you can read up the thread and find the reasons for the cancelations ,for the most part everyone on TSZ thought the reasons were just and fair ones.Just because you haven't seen or heard about the race but from this site does not mean that there wasn't any advertising going on. I for one have been up and down the main drag of our fair city twice posting flyers.My youngest has posted flyers at the college several times this last month to help promote the race. Most everyone that I have come into contact with knows about ThunderHill Raceway before the conversation is over. What have you done to promote this race or the track? I have come across three race teams that have plugged for the race and track in the last two weeks..Again what have you done for this race? I have rearranged my work schedule 4 times so that I would be free to help out at the track for this race and I have already changed my schedule for next weekend.If everyone on here that is complaining would turn that energy around and tell someone about the race we might still have a good fan turn out. And yes I will be out this next week putting up more flyers.

in my opinion this race was scheduled for the race teams and not the fans

P.S. Just my 2 cents worth

If you want to go on precident make it a day race I-37 starts first weekend of January and starts at 1 or 2 till dark... They also get drivers from all over the state so travel is not an issue. Im sure you will get more fans that way as well compared to what you might at dark as well...I believe some of the other dirt tracks that start early do the same thing when it deals with being around this early in the year or end of the year...

Just my .02

Wltrip,

I'm not tring to be an ass about this thing, but it still is really getting old. I know the race might postponed for a good reason, it still is getting old. If your gonna call something off to this caliber that many times, i just plain think it should be canceled all together. I's just too late in the season now, whe are we going to have time to tear down the cars to make sure they're readdy for next season. I know i came across pretty hard on the track, i appoligize (i'm the one that expresses my opinion ) but I just plainly think it's stupid and wrong to make all of us wait, wait, & wait. And i have told people around the community and the high school i attend about the track and it's events. If you talk to the people i associate with every day, that's all i talk about, the track and the rainging that goes on there. And it's not that I don't hear about the events that are posed on tsz, nobody noth of austin knows about it. They just have no idea, most of them don't even know the track exists. Also without the fans, there is no racing. The fans ( IMO ) are what makes racing so fun!!! Just my 2c worth

-Shawn

Icypltx8, You are right it is getting old but you will find out these things happen. Being that you are still in high school you still have alot to learn in life. I'm not happy about it ...I have just learned to roll with the punches or do what I can with the cards that are dealt to me. Myself and many others want to race. Yeah postponing and postponing does suck but I want to be optimistic about next weekend. I have found that pissin' and moanin' doesn't do any good. If you can't make next week ...you won't be the only one but this may be the last race any of us will get to have til next spring.

i'm not trying to be rude - but honestly,how long is going to take to revamp a car for next year?

if you' re building a car for next season i could understand the time constraint(which would'nt matter in this sittuation)...is 3 weeks really gonna sat you off schedule that bad?if so instead of 3 nights a week make 5 until you get caught up...but coming on here and moaning about it is'nt hurting anyone except the guys that wanna run it..we get the point youre not happy with it-so skip it and those of us that wanna run it will..if you feel like you missing out then run it...if youre gonna come on here and complain about it and say it should be cancelled all together,then why are you bitching to begin with about when it is...you can either run it with us or spend the time youre wasting on here getting that oh so dramatic head start on next season.....

-

That is a great idea Gunnar...Nick, please run that by Brian...

I will bring this discussion to Brian's attention if he hasn't already read it.

Jon Garrett had asked me to MC the ARTS banquet on the 20th and I had already told him I would do it. Of course, if it comes down to a chosing between the two I'll be at THR for the races

Nick Holt

I have a question...

Was the THR race originally going to be run Oct 16th, but was not scheduled because that was going to be SAS rain date?

My question is, if so- why wasn't it scheduled for that date anyway, it would have been just as easy to cancel and reschedule if SAS had a rain out.

just a thought- here we are Nov 13th

Tom

the day race does sound like a good thing, but in reality i don't see how it would save money on electricity...........sure you won't have to turn on the big track lights but wouldn't you still need electricity to run the p/a system..........and maybe a little bit of elec. for the lights in the restrooms...........and then there is the little elec. for the concession stands, nobody would like a frozen burger or dog.............it would probably still cost the promoters the same amount of money to run the race day or night, but a day race would probably make it a little more feasible of happening before christmas..............jmo

Archived