2013 Cotton Bowl Speedway 2nd Annual Showdown

Below is the flyer and the payout/rules for the Showdown! Thursday November 21st will be practice. Friday and Saturday will be racing. If we happen to rain out, the show will be ran on Sunday November 24th!

More Details along format etc to be posted later!

Also, special note for Pure Stocks:

Hill Country Fireplaces is going to add money to your purse! Details are being worked out!

post-3-1382241605.jpg

Showdown_2013_Payout.pdf

There are plenty of hotels in Giddings. The Ramada has plenty of parking for race trailers. The Knight hotel, which is the first one on your left when you come into town from the track has a rate of 50.00. Lots of hotels in Giddings.

Is CBS going to go by the posted pure stock rules or will they choose to over look some of them. Also if only a few IMCA hobby show up will they run with pure stocks?

Is CBS going to go by the posted pure stock rules or will they choose to over look some of them. Also if only a few IMCA hobby show up will they run with pure stocks?

Let me be more clear on my question are cars and drivers that have ran in other classes going to be allowed to race pure stocks.

Let me be more clear on my question are cars and drivers that have ran in other classes going to be allowed to race pure stocks.

This is what the rule says, guess we will see...

The Pure Stock Class has been created as an economical, entry level racing class. Its purpose and

intent is to keep race vehicles in original, stock condition with required safety equipment installed, to

allow anyone the ability and opportunity to build and maintain a racecar, to develop driver skills and

experience at an affordable level. Drivers & Cars in this class may not compete in other classes at

Cotton Bowl Speedway. The Cotton Bowl Speedway Technical Inspector is available before, during and

after each event to assist in application or interpretation of any technical rule.

Archived