Ervin mightve won the race afterall

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

hearing rumors that #5 Alexander, and #53 Englehardt were DQ'ed, and that Breiten is the winner of last nights race. congrats to Breiten if its 100% true.

congrats to the 4 teams on a good run.

like i said at the beginning of the season but know body would hear me out. the 5 car was ilegal at the first big race of the season and he said he wasnt. the truth was at ccmc last nite. if it is the same motor then it must be a tech problem. somebody needs to do something about it.

the stroke is suppose to .48 but the engine builders put in a .50, we pulled it out of the car as well to check it. and it was they put in the completely wrong crank from what was ordered and suppose to be in there.

ya know basically in our mind we felt like we just got screwed lloyd drove is ass off caught a couple of brakes and something that wasn't under our control cost us the win

let me just first say congrats to ervin, he was clearly the fastest car on the track. now about the crank, i dont build these motors and know nothing about them, we handed our FORMER engine builder the rules and expected them to go to the edge of the rules without breaking them. for me this has to be one of the most embarassing things to happen to me in racing because this makes me look like i did this on purpose. but let me say that i had no idea about the crank and that is why we are currently looking for a new engine builder for next year.

Lloyd this doesnt make you look like you did this on purpose. Hell if you did it on purpose the cranck would have read 3.830.

Speedster just because you are dqed doesnt mean you are cheating. I probably should have been dqed at corpus for my crank being to low but Jack tried a few diff. places and it was I guess you could say still in question but he let me go. If I had been dqed that doesnt mean I was cheating.About a half hr later we noticed the rt frt tire was almost flat and that was why the cranck was lower than earlier in the day. Since the 5 car deal I ask my engine builder abuot my crank and says it may be 3.50 he is not sure. So you can beat your ass my heads will come off before I run another race.

I don't think Alexander is a cheater or his crew. There was obviously a mistake somewhere and if he meant to cheat, I think the advantage would be a little more than two thousandths or whatever it was. Likewise, I don't think Ryan was cheating. Their cars were illegal but not cheating. Englehardt's car was two cc's short of where they were supposed to be. Again, I think if he was cheating it would have been off by more than one or two cc's. Sorry they took the win away from you Mr. Alexander but Breiten ran (over) a good race :D . Hopefully you all will come back next year and don't be embarassed about it, s... (edited out by me) happens and obviously either one of you knew your cars were illegal and everyone drove a great race.

In a previous post I said that "if I were with the 5 crew I would have thought that Jacks tech equipment was faulty." They were 100% sure they were legal. I have been friends with Jack for years and in no way meant this as a slam. Jack is the best tech man I have ever known. Never has he shown favoritism toward any driver or team. I have been along side him during post race inspections and came away with more respect for Jack. He not only was fair but he also never acted like he was on a power trip like some of the other tech people I have had to deal with in the past. I hope that in 4 years his name is on the presidential ballot because I know He will get my vote ! :D

Jack is the best tech man I have ever known. Never has he shown favoritism toward any driver or team. I have been along side him during post race inspections and came away with more respect for Jack. He not only was fair but he also never acted like he was on a power trip like some of the other tech people I have had to deal with in the past. I hope that in 4 years his name is on the presidential ballot because I know He will get my vote ! :D

Jack is the finest Tech I have ever worked with. THR is very fortunate to have him as Chief Tech.

Nick Holt

Archived