First races you attended?

Banker36

Didnt the Studebaker have a Packard engine option?I remember one of my dads mechanics had one.

Actually, Studebaker and Packard merged companies in 1954, but it turned into a disaster that eventually led to the demise of Packard. Stude's bookkeeping and sales information was nowhere near what they told Packard executives. Later 50's Packards, among the last built, were essentially rebranded Studebakers.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been told my first race was Montgomery Motor Speedway in Alabama. Don't really remember it; I'd been about 7 or 8 years old (1966). Moved from there to the Philippines, then Mississippi. (The nomadic life of the military....)

Interestingly enough, the very next oval track I remember even seeing was Pan American Speedway on Toepperwein, when we moved to Randolph AFB in 1972. We all know what that has led to....

1966? If you were seven or eight wouldn't that be more 1920s?.....

Ahhh, Brad, ya went to Florida, got refreshed, and now you're getting froggy on here....

Guess I will be talking to Miss Amber in the very near future................

Tom, I though you and Nick were at the first chariot races. The would be Rome, not the Philippines.

You are right Cory; I was Nick's chariot chief.

I am surprised that you brought that up, as I remember you being there. If your memory has faded, you tried to enter your late model, but they told you it was outdated and needed to be brought up to spec. Glad to see you went ahead and invested so you can race PLM with it today.

Tom, I though you and Nick were at the first chariot races. The would be Rome, not the Philippines.

You are right Cory; I was Nick's chariot chief.

I am surprised that you brought that up, as I remember you being there. If your memory has faded, you tried to enter your late model, but they told you it was outdated and needed to be brought up to spec. Glad to see you went ahead and invested so you can race PLM with it today.

Updated? no sir. just took some time to figure out how to get 10" tires on those wooden wheels. :lol:

First racing I remember going to was odem international speedway for go karts first full size car racing I can remember was Corpus Christi in 1997 my dad drove me to races I wanted to ouit football on the spot and start building a car so that was what me and my dad did spent few years building what I still think is one of the best looking home built car in this part of Texas got to start driving it when I was 15 just before I turned 16 now racing at south Texas speedway when I have time

First racing I remember going to was odem international speedway for go karts first full size car racing I can remember was Corpus Christi in 1997 my dad drove me to races I wanted to ouit football on the spot and start building a car so that was what me and my dad did spent few years building what I still think is one of the best looking home built car in this part of Texas got to start driving it when I was 15 just before I turned 16 now racing at south Texas speedway when I have time

DON WETHERSPOON ONE THE NICE'S MEN I KNEW WALKED RIGHT TO A THEN ROOKIE DRIVER AT OLD RIVERSIDE IN 1985 AND GAVE HIM SOME POINTERS ..HE TOLD THE ROOKIE TO PUT THE CAR IN SECOND GEAR WIELD THE REAR GEARS UP AND GO FASTER ..HECK I THOUGHT I WAS GOING FAST THEN ....ILL NEVER FORGET HIM A TRUE HERO TO RACERS SOME HAVE GONE ON FROM HIS GO KART TRACK AND STILL RACE TODAY ..YOUR ONE OF EM .

Archived