Question for people running for points.

dancer52

Now...this is just an idea...and I was curious to hear your opinion.

With the closing of Texas Thunder speedway (and the fact our season is crazy long) Would anyone be interested in calling the point season complete on the same day as TTS? Which I believe is the end of August. (leaving around 11 to 12 more cbs races)

Then Cotton Bowl could start a fall season and it would allow any cars from Texas thunder speedway to come race for points, and at the same time, they would not worry about interfering with a current points season.

This also might give a few more cars a reason to attend the races a little more frequently during the last few months of this year.

My question is....would the current people running for points find this fair? And would TTS cars be interested?

At the same time...I dont want the track to change what was already scheduled...but...seeing as TTS is closing in the middle of our season...it seemed like this could help CBS and the displaced TTS cars find a new home. Remember..this is just an idea... your thoughts? AJ

That is a great idea.Before you do that get a poll of the TTS drivers because I would think most of them would run HOT since they are, I think , IMCA.

Imca points will be over...so..I dont think that will be an issue...and...since hot is on fridays...I dont think this will be an issue...lol

With This being the end of July and you say there season is over the end of august. How could that be 10 - 12 more races.

I meant that Cotton Bowl will have about 10 to 12 races left after August...making the "Fall" season that long (10 to 12)

Well if your done racing I don't like the idea. It just hands you the championship... But if that's the way you want to win it. Cool.

With a.j. stepping out that puts you in 1st. Think you can hold off kemp for a month? If so you should be on board with the idea.

Problem is tts doesn't have a purestock class, and the ss are two different animals, you may pick up some mods or sportmods but I don't think most of those care bout track points anyways they just want to race. If the Cbs cars are ok with it I say go ahead, I just don't see it as a draw or deterrent. I also believe imca goes till the end of September.

Joe

That is actually a good idea. Most of the TTS street stocks wont be legal if they are running more than a 362 like I am. I would love to come race but Im not legal. So that leaves mostly the mods and sport mods. It gives people another option. This should be put up on a poll or a vote. Good luck.

I do understand that TTS does not have a pure stock class. But, I would bet there are a few street stocks ( I have heard they have a total of about 30) that might drop to pure stocks since the class is available. On the street stocks who are not legal...I would bet a few could make theirs legal, and maybe if they were at least convinced to come check out the facility they could be encouraged to change...or...maybe (small chance) we could work out a compromise between the two classes. I personally have ran against them (at tts) and feel we are comparable classes.

On the mods running for points. Who knows...I personally don't understand why anyone runs for points....its to stress full...I just like to race...but...if given the chance...it seems like a lot of people do care about them. That is why I was asking about this change.

Of course...to me...it would have to be almost 100% buy in from all involved...or I don't think its worth doing. And heck...that's almost impossible....almost. AJ

The man asked three simple questions and some of you are already being negative. I just dont get it!Now i know why some people dont get the inter net. So they dont know nothing. just my opion if you street stock guys change up you would be able to run the shootout series that belongs to Danielson. That would be something to think about.

eh...nevermind...it was just a question...its been answered...the answer is no...oh well.

BTW...last time i read the rules...the TTS street stocks could run the shootout...

Currently approved class/track...

Street Stocks / I37

Street Stocks / Cotton Bowl Speedway

Street Stocks / Texana Raceway Park

Street Stocks / Shady Oaks Speedway

Street Stocks / South Texas Speedway

Hobby Stocks / Houston area

Street Stocks / Gator Speedway

We will allow for 2013...

Street Stocks / H.O.T.

Street Stocks / Texas Thunder Speedway

I got this from this link....