Lone Star Legacys getting organized for 2014 series

NickHolt

As many of you know, the Legacys have been in chaos for quite some time. My primary objective in forming the Lone Star Legacy organization is to bring together a group that has been fractured, splintered and twisted for several years. By forming this organization I hope we will be able to take what is now little more than “Yard Art” back into a viable race car series.

That will not be easily done, but with the cooperation of Legacy owners and drivers I believe it can be done. This may require some “give and take” as we iron out all the pieces needed to make the Legacys a great organization, but I am committed to getting this done.

To that end, I have a few immediate goals in mind:

1. Put together an organization that will allow folks to be able to have fun in these cars.

2. Nurture young and inexperienced drivers and teams by sharing our knowledge of driving techniques and race car set up.

3. Promote clean, non-aggressive racing which will minimize a team’s cash outflow in the long term.

4. Put on a good show for the fans.

5. Keep the series rules cost effective as possible to limit financial burdens on teams.

6. Retain as much of the original Allison Legacy rules as practical to permit those with original Allison cars to be competitive.

7. Find some good places to race.

Please study the attached rules and hammer me with your feedback and suggestions. I will read all your emails and take all your phone calls and will refrain from beating you up unless I’m in a bad mood.

Your suggestions are welcome.

My email address is huffindustries@aol.com and my cell is 281-831-0339. If I don’t take your call immediately, it’s because someone else beat you to it. Leave a message and I will call you back. James Huff

To download the rules, click here>>> Draft LSL rules 1-14.pdf

It looks like James has arranged a couple of "playdays" for the Legacy guys later this season. If you have a Legacy car and are interested in running with the Lone Star Legacy organization, please get in touch with James Huff.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

James has been talking with Jim Hubbard about a couple of "Play Days" for the Legacys. Dates will be announced pretty soon.

Also, James is looking for some feedback on the draft rules posted above.

Thanks.

Nick

• 1 month later...

Weather looking a bit "iffy" for playday this Saturday, so James Huff has asked that I let folks know that we're cancelling early so the Houston Legacy guys won't have to haul all that way only to be disappointed it it's too wet on Saturday.

Next scheduled playdays for the Legacys are on November 2 and November 9 at Central Texas Speedway.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, Elias Anderson bought the two Runco Legacys that were being auctioned today in Pflugerville. Elias has some youngsters who will be racing with the Legacys in 2014.

Nick

That's a hell of a good guy to have involved with the series right there.

Just wondering who is planning on bringing their Legacy car to CTS this Saturday, Nov 2, for a Legacy playday...

Nick

Boyd Bumbera is planning to be there.

What time?

Let me check with James Huff. I imagine around noon or so... but that's just my guess! LOL

Nick

OK here we go again. There has been too much rain in the Kyle area. As all of you who have raced there know, the infield will be nothing but a lake. Gonna have to call off practice again. Mother Nature is doing her thing again. However we may have a fishing contest--should be some record catfish there.

OK let's regroup and try to make it next Saturday Nov 9th. Track opens at 9 but no need to be there till around noon-we can run untill dark in between the NasKarts.

Hope to see you then.

James Huff

Hey, that gives a few of the teams more of a chance to wipe the dust off their Lone Star Legacys anc come on out and play!

No rules enforcement for the playday, but James and I will be there with the 2014 rules so folks can ask questions, etc.

The 2014 Lone Star Legacy rules are posted in the 1st post in this thread as a PDF file. Just click on the link in that post to download.

Nick

Opps.... got word from the Central Texas Speedway staff that the weekend of Nov 9th is the Rusty Wallace deal and the weekend after that is the NASCAR Season Finale. So, we will reschedule.

We are working on getting Saturday, Nov 23rd, and/or Saturday, Nov 30th as the re-scheduled Lone Star Legacy payday(s).

We'll keep you up to date on the dates.

Nick

Archived