Lone Star Legacys getting organized for 2014 series

NickHolt

I WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE ONE OF THOSE ..

They are real race cars with fully adjustable front and rear suspension. Unequal length front A-arms, coil overs up front. Three link with coil overs in the rear.

The short wheel base puts a premium on handling - and once we bring back all the engine/drive train to Legacy specs, those that learn suspension will find their way to the front. We hope to share suspension/setup knowledge within the organization and will be putting the emphasis on clean racing.

Nick

I got a couple of phone calls today inquiring about practice times for tomorrow.

NOV 9 PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE RUSTY WALLACE DRIVING EXPERIENCE .

Our next date (hopefully) is Nov 23rd.

I'll post updates if anything else changes.

James

What would you guys think of updating these cars with a fiberglass nascar gen 6 body? And eventually get the bodies legal for regular allison legacy cars and have some long endurance races?

Well, who knows, maybe someday, but right now we're just planning to get these cars running under a common set of rules based on the spirit of the original Legacy rules. Of course, these are not "Allison" cars since we are not associated with either CompCar or the Allison Brothers organization.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Nick

I WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE ONE OF THOSE ..

We're aware that there are some Legacy cars in the Corpus Christi area that would be perfect for the Lone Star Legacy series. Maybe you could talk one of them into coming to our play day on Nov 23 at Central Texas Speedway.

Nick

OK here we go again

Playday for the Lone Star Legacy Series cars this Saturday at Central Texas Speedway. Yes, we know there is a 30% chance of A M precip but we're gonna do it anyway...

I am bringing a grill and some darn good beef sausage, so if nothing else we can eat, drink (a sody pop) and tell lies about who has the fastest pit cart.

I would 'preciate a call from all who plan to attend so I don't run out of groceries. 281-831-0339

Thanks, James Huff -- 281-831-0339

Track opens at nine--I plan on being there around 10:30 or so.

the last weather that I saw for that area said there may be early Precip (no R word please) but the afternoon looks good.If nothing else we'll party down at the Huff trailer. ;) ;)

Here's the Kyle weather forecast for Saturday:

A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 42. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

And Kyle is expected to get rain today and tommorow as well which should muddy up the pits and infield pretty much. Not good.

So... we are cancelling the Lone Star Legacy playday that was set in stone for this Saturday.

We're disappointed to put it mildly. James was all loaded and had the BBQ pit in the trailer and I had managed to get a kitchen pass for Saturday after much crying and begging.... Oh, well.

But, we're already working on another date, but not November 30th since many folks are out of town for Thanksgiving weekend.

We'll keep you posted as things develop.

Nick

If you know someone with a Legacy car and might be interested in joining the Lone Star Legacys next season - and also enjoying a playday or two with us - let either James Huff or me know about them so we can invite them to come race with us.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

probably a dumb question but would it be a good idea to get him on the track before the practice dates, is it just a matter of calling and reserving the track for a day? also any idea where I can get a set of tires?

Gabriel has been racing quarter midgets for the last 7 years so legacy's will be new to both of us.

• 1 month later...

So far, Tom, we are running the five dates at Central Texas Speedway as shown above. We also have informal OKs from CC Speedway for their four events if we get 10 cars or more.

We are also had an informal agreement with Tim Hubbard at CTS to run there if we have 10 or more cars.

We can also run as a group at TWS during NASA events, but these are road course races and will not count in the point standings since they will be NASA sanctioned rather than Lone Star Legacy sanctioned.

So, it's pretty much up to the guys and gals with Legacy cars as to the final schedule. If we have 10 cars or more at the CTS practice dates, then we are good. If not, we have some more work to do.

Nick

Looks like 10 cars so far, but we have heard from others who have shown some interest - tire kicking I guess you could say. There's one for sale in the classifieds that several have shown interest in for example.

It's only human nature to "wait and see" before committing to run, but we feel confident that the series will grow as folks see that James and I are sincere in our desire to see the Legacys develop into a series we can all be proud of.

We're hoping that folks will get their Legacys off the jack stands out to the five practice dates at Central Texas Speedway. Hope to see you then, Steve!

Nick

Archived