Rules changes

With the advent of TTOPA, where does that put SAS at as far as having the rules finished sometime soon. I know that now with the SAS season finished, some people are wanting a break and maybe a vacation. I just want to see when the official rules will be out so I know what I need to start planning for and the money I need to save up.

I would think that perhaps the rules changes had been thought about throughout the year and that it shouldn't take the rules committee? too long to nail it down. I am already hearing rumors on what will change.

We aren't going to have to wait till after christmas are we? How will I know what to ask for? ;)

Thanks

One other question and then I will be quiet (for awhile) while I hope for a reply.

Do the rule maker uppers take any or listen to the drivers of the class for input on rules and changes to said rules?

thanks again

As you know, the three TTOPA tracks are working closer together than they ever have before. And, as you might imagine, there has been considerable discussions about rules for 2005 among TTOPA members. At this point, I doubt there will be a formal set of TTOPA rules that each track must run, but at least each track has a better understanding of each other's rules. Hopefully, rules decisions made by each track for 2005 will be made with this new understanding in mind.

This being said, bottom line is that each track is still responsible for setting and announcing their own rules for 2005.

Just to give you some insight, right now the major TTOPA issues are tires and air/fuel intake systems. Until there is an agreement on these basic issues it is pointless to publish a set of common TTOPA rules even though that remains one of the primary TTOPA goals.

Nick Holt

TTOPA aside,

2 weeks since the original post and not a peep from the track.

Not even a "hold your horses"

That leads me to believe that they must be on vacation.

*sigh*

I guess we will have to wait and see what will happen when they feel like working on it.

When are THR rules going to be ready?

I may just go race there since it is about the same pull from my house toTHR as it is to SAS

Nick and 29LL,

You are right. I am just getting anxious to get to the meat of rebuilding the car but there is plenty I can do that I don't think will be covered by rules changes. Unless they outlaw camaro's LOL

So. I will just wait for the rules to appear and say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.

Have a happy New Year too!!

yeah but if they are planning a bunch of changes for next season then it would be nice to get a head start on making those changes before we get too far into building for next year................some teams dont have the benefit of unlimited funds to be able to makes changes half way thru the season or 2 weeks from the start of the season so we kind of have to start early so we will be ready for next season................i mean the 2005 season is only 4-5 months away some people need some time to get money together to make changes and build cars, if they wait until after new years to post the rules changes that only gives the underfunded teams 2 months to scrape together money to be ready..............jmo

• 1 month later...

Archived