Anyone have the all the results at SAS?

slysnake

In reply to sable99s' message, I would have to say that we will soon find out if Justin has real potential as a racer. Now that he has moved up, the money issue becomes more equal and he will have to show his true talent. In the sportsman class he was always up front and he never really had any competitition until the middle of the season when tater and 27 became more competitive. But even then he never had to fight his way to the top with 15 other racers who ran about the same times. So as I said before after the 05 season we will see if he really is a great racer.

cletus15, You know when jason first started driving, he was about like justin 17 years old, then he moved up from sportsman from the bombers way back when, and he did not win the championship in the sportsman, but as the years rolled by he got better and better. what do you drive by the way. Its easy for you all to sit there and talk smack, and the only reason your doing it is to stir up stuff, Let me just inform you of something ,If Jason did not think his son could drive a car he would have not moved him up yet, I think Jason is a good judge of who has talent and who does not. lastly I like to say its easy to rag on someone when they do not meet your expectations. But when they do good you say nothing, nothing at all ----thats about par for the course.

Justin has what it takes, no doubt, and he has good cars and a good teacher. He will be a force to deal with in any class he gets to run in. Luck and money only go so far before you run out of them both; just my thoughts.

Joe Aramendia

Sable99,

[Edited out by Nick Holt. 10/19/04] The Oates family would not allow Justin to make this move unless they were confident that he had the talent and skill to do it so how are you in a position to even question that? I'm 36 years old and run with the WOW and Roadrunner's at SAS and believe me if I would have started this hobby when I was young I would of wanted the same thing (move up), but the best I will be able to do before I get too old is a Late model if I'm lucky...... LOL! So M.Y.O.B and keep your negative comments to yourself...............it's time you start enjoying life! :)

We were pitted next to Justin at San Antonio. Obviously in such tight quarters there was plenty of oppurtunity for some team interaction. We all found Justin to be a very knowledgeable, friendly, bright young man. His dad and the rest of his crew were great too. I hope we get to race with them again next year.

Kathy

Justin drove #0 in the sportsman class during the regular season, but on saturday his dad )Jason) drove the car. We felt it would be better on Justin to learn the difference of driving a TSRS car with swapping back and forth all day long. There is alot of difference in the way you drive the two cars.

Cindy

Cindy

Thank you for explaining that to me. I do not know either one of them and had never seen them race but they are both great drivers.

The kid did a fine job in his first TSRS race. Dad should be proud.

Whoever was on here ragging on him needs to stop. I think they are just jealous like someone else said.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Hey Kathy, if I am correct Jason, Justin's dad drove Justin's car that he won the Sunbelt title in for this season & Justin drove his first TSRS race and I think it was NOT Daddy's money, but a kid that certainly has a talent, he is such a nice young gentleman and we are honored to have him with TSRS.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 10/21/04] (Justin) is one hell of a driver and will have a great time in TSRS next year, and he will be just fine. Way to go your first time out oates love the restarts and good luck next year.

daddy's money or young talented driver.............i would have to say both............money will buy you a fast car but if you don't have talent you will just wreck everytime you are on the track, the damn car won't drive itself around the track.........and for people to say that justin didn't have any competition in the sportsman class is just plain ignorant............there were a few times that he got tangled with another driver or had to pit and worked his way to the front again.............so you are telling me that all the sportsman guys just pulled over and let him by, i say bullsh**.............the kid is good and daddy's money helps, but to say he had no competition is crap...........good luck in tsrs next season.............

Archived