Texas Terry's Plans

RodneyRodriguez

yeah you are probably right about putting up some top notch equipment now that terry is going to be calling it quits.........that sucks that terry was put in garbage while johnson and gordon got the good equipment..........its one of those deals though i guess they are all trying to bring the young guns up quicker and they are sacrificing the veterans to do it...........just look at the jeff burton deal.........sure is funny they wouldn't let burton have the crown royal sponsor, but as soon as carl edwards takes over they say they have almost gotten approval to use them next year............now that is just wrong, but i guess its who you know or who you .......

Speaking of . . . Check out how Jeff is on the wheel of that #30 car. What RCR needs to do is put him in the 31 and get rid of that idiot Gordon. Robby is absolutely nuts. Not a bad trait for a driver, if you can control it. But RG is just plain out of control. I can't count how many wrecks he almost caused at Talladega. Plus, it burned me when Harvick gave him credit for getting him to the front. Yeah, he did help Harvick up there. But with about 5 to go, Harvick was down low needing help, while RG was in the middle about 5-6 back. Well, RG pulled out & went high, instead of dropping down to get behind the 29. P'd me off. Not that I'm a Harvick fan, but just that RG is such a selfish, wreckless idiot. Man, I love to hate that guy!

you got that right, rg is a selfish idiot, kinda appropriate that he is driving the car formerly driven by mike skinner since he is pretty much the same way..............he screwed dale earnhardt over a few times on the track instead of working with him, now robby is doing the same to kevin...............

I was glad to hear Texas T say his career would end @ TMS in 2006, what a better way to go out.

Hopefully, Terry can rack-up some great runs in 05-06 to close out on a high note.

Would sure enjoy seeing him make a guest appearence or two @ our area tracks before he hangs up his helmet for good.

Kellogg's will more than likely be involved, Got this one off of Jayski.com Looks like he is going back to his old yella point scheme.

in other words all the good ones will be hanging it up after next season...............just kidding............ricky rudd can still run good all he needs is direction and he finally got that with fatback coming back to the wood brothers...............kyle petty hasn't had a good season since he drove the mello yello car back in the day and poor schrader hasn't been up front a season since he drove for hendrick.............they are all good drivers still, but they are all in pretty poor equipment.............jmo

I'm a longtime Schrader fan. He had good results at the restrictor plate tracks in the 33 when it was a part of the R.A.D. aero info sharing group and was going to finish 2nd or 3rd in the 36 at Daytona in 2001 until the last lap wreck. He can still get underfunded cars a look at the front on the restrictor plate tracks on experience alone. Same for 1/2 miles...they're hopeless on the intermediates where you have to have good downforce and enough HP to overcome the drag.

It's so much about the car today that if the car is crummy, so are you.

Just my opinion.

Go 49.

Jay

you're right i forgot about his run with andy petree..............he did have some good races with him.............and i totally forgot about his run in that terrible daytona race..........like i said they are all still good drivers, but they just have underfunded teams and it is hard to look good in a piece of junk............no matter how much sugar you sprinkle on a turd, it is always going to be a piece of sh**..............

Yeah, I'm running out of the good ol' boys to pull for, even though the ones that are still around haven't had the cars to compete. Still have Sterling. Plus now at least we've got a chip of the good ol' boy block, in Bobby Hamilton, Jr. Though I doubt that Tide ride's going to go anywhere.

i agree with you on that one..............there is still sterling and he was having a decent run on saturday............i don't know about bobby hamilton jr though............after his comment a year or so back at texas when he said something stupid about having a grenade to blow someone up because he got taken out of the race, that showed how ignorant he is............also said something to the effect about people just riding around getting in the way referring to at the time joe armamendia, another ignorant comment, but riding around in the way is all he will be doing in the tide ride..............jmo

Archived