ASCS 360 Sprints Roll Into Historic Goliad

Who is ready for the the fastest lap times to ever hit Shady Oaks Speedway in the history of the track?

The wife and I have been looking forward to this from the time we first heard about it. Then seeing them again on Sunday night B)

I have seen some sprints on this track years ago

(1980's) and wow do they love those long straights. it was something to see thats for sure.

(1980's) and wow do they love those long straights. it was something to see thats for sure.

The sprints you saw back then were limited and pretty mild compared to what you will see this weekend. These will probably be the fastest type of cars to ever race on this track including all past or future races. It will be a SHOW!!!

The sprints you saw back then were limited and pretty mild compared to what you will see this weekend. These will probably be the fastest type of cars to ever race on this track including all past or future races. It will be a SHOW!!!

That's true, I ran back then when we were the Texas Super Sprinters, we were running carbureted 360 all steel engines back then about 150 less HP. The track was flatter and sandy as all get out back then and we were still fast. These cars coming in Saturday will blow your hair back. We are all looking forward to being there. I hope the track owner has some spots reserved for the big haulers to park in, last time I was there parking was tight with the smaller rigs we had back then. These toter hauler combos we are running today are 80 feet long trailer and all, and a full 13'6" in height. I'm sure it will work out. STS is holding the spots up front for the sprint haulers because of the fiasco last year. I'm sure SOS is taking all this in consideration, we plan to get there early and get set up. See you at the track.....

That's true, I ran back then when we were the Texas Super Sprinters, we were running carbureted 360 all steel engines back then about 150 less HP. The track was flatter and sandy as all get out back then and we were still fast. These cars coming in Saturday will blow your hair back. We are all looking forward to being there. I hope the track owner has some spots reserved for the big haulers to park in, last time I was there parking was tight with the smaller rigs we had back then. These toter hauler combos we are running today are 80 feet long trailer and all, and a full 13'6" in height. I'm sure it will work out. STS is holding the spots up front for the sprint haulers because of the fiasco last year. I'm sure SOS is taking all this in consideration, we plan to get there early and get set up. See you at the track.....

We have the whole front area reserved for sprint haulers and feel we have plenty of space for up to 24 car haulers. Our regular drivers will move to other spots for the event. We want to thank them for moving for this one night. Should you surprise us and more than 24 cars show up then we will move to the parking area outside the pits. We will have room and are as excited about this race as are the fans and drivers. Its getting closer and excitement is in the air around Goliad and the area!!! See ya at the races!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see 27-30 sprint cars. some of the Lonestar boys are making the trek I understand and there are a couple of locals down your way that I'm sure will likely show up. Hoping for 30+ to really put on a good show for the fine folks around Goliad. I have llots of friends in the area who are going to show up to both SOS and STS to see Brandie run. We are all sincerely looking forward to it. Gotta hit a couple of my favorite Meskin Food joints. T minus four days and counting.

Overnight camping is allowed on the grounds. Also very good room rates at Antlers Inn and Best Western Plus

Antlers Inn 1King $65.00+tax, 2 full $70.00+tax Phone: 361-645-8215

Best Western Plus 1 King $89.99+tax, 2 bed Standard $100.00tax, Suites are available call for info 361-645-3100

Archived