32 posts with this one.. The most posts for an SOS forum topic since April, 2012. Like Bonnie Raitt said, "Let's give em something to talk about". Not all comments are glorious, but also not terribly scandalous either. (Nick, I'm watching your back). People are talking and that builds interest. From the looks of it, when it is all said and done, it sounds like the vast majority had fun. If there had only been at least a small skirmish, it would generate even more interest. But, wait, there is an actual wrestling event coming up in a month or two with a ring on the front straight. lol. If the owners would let a couple of drivers have a match, I have me a recruit... Hly knows who I would recruit.

By the way, nice looking Pure Stock Big Dog Racing. I like the grey with the red letters. .

32 posts with this one.. The most posts for an SOS forum topic since April, 2012. Like Bonnie Raitt said, "Let's give em something to talk about". Not all comments are glorious, but also not terribly scandalous either. (Nick, I'm watching your back). People are talking and that builds interest. From the looks of it, when it is all said and done, it sounds like the vast majority had fun. If there had only been at least a small skirmish, it would generate even more interest. But, wait, there is an actual wrestling event coming up in a month or two with a ring on the front straight. lol. If the owners would let a couple of drivers have a match, I have me a recruit... Hly knows who I would recruit.

By the way, nice looking Pure Stock Big Dog Racing. I like the grey with the red letters. .

How funny Monte getting closer to my sport wont wrestle but if its boxing im in just pulled bag and gloves out of storage yesterday been put away for 16 years i could get a little wind in couple months may come for that event :) might even add money for this one !!!!

Keith its nice you came on to comment to settle the troops but this is your track and I dont think you should have to apoligize for this past weekend. You were thrown a curve ball with the lights going down friday to start the weekend off. I saw the effort you put in saturday and I was excited seeing how much was put into it. I went back and read all the comments and there isnt a Shootout "Out of Town" Driver being negative or busting SOS chops over the track conditions.

Contrary to popular belief, no the track was not dry because of the Shootout. There was over 40,000 gallons of water put on the track between Wednesday and Saturday along with a 1/2" rain on Friday. Approximately 7,000 gallons of that water was Saturday afternoon. That's approximately 2,000 gallons more than we have put out each of the previous 2 race nights. Our goal was a heavy, tacky track but we flat missed it. Nobody was more dissapointed with the racing surface than My Folks and I because of the number of hours that we put in to prepping the track so that we could give the Racers and the Fans the Best Show Possible. My appologies to the Racers and the Fans that expected better.

To all the Racers that raced this weekend in all the classes, Thank You. Everyone presented their home tracks well and are welcome back any time.

Street Stock Shootout Driver's and Teams, I wish Y'all the best of luck over the next 4 races.

Thanks,

Keith Stacy

Race Director/Owner

as long as you give it the best you got Keith keep up the hard work!!!! Never give up give 100percent no matter what we say enjoyed it ....

Well I changed my mind I am gonna keep my opions to myself. I can tell you this When you comment negitave things about any track it doesnt help it just keeps other people from racng there because joe blow said something bad if you are a true race car driver like you say you are then leave your granny pantys at home and when you come to the track put your big boy pants on and handle your business. Dont gripe cause that aint gonna fix the problem those of you who know me have you ever seen me mad nope I always have a smile on my face . I go home and try something different.

Texana 55 Thanks on the comment I know pretty doesnt make you fast but it sure helps your ego Thats the first race race car I ever built and i did from the ground up My sons and I have never done one before and yes Nathan has a lot of blood and sweat in it too! We make him work on it that makes him appreciate it more. Our engine builder made a boo boo so now its back to the drawing board Ill get right next time If you you hit the lotto send some my way i have plans for my next engine but I have to find that darn goose that lays the golden eggs has anybody seen it!!

32 W I hear you buddy I really like S O S car count on pures looking good You made a good choice dont let anybody tell you different you can run with the Big Dogs or stay on the porch And your running with the big dogs.

32 W I hear you buddy I really like S O S car count on pures looking good You made a good choice dont let anybody tell you different you can run with the Big Dogs or stay on the porch And your running with the big dogs.

Thanks...its been a long time waiting...I think I'm gonna hold on to this car...lol..ita been a long time since racing has been fun and the last 3 race have been just that...enjoy the class...let keep the cars coming...

have to say great job to waer for his win in my old pure stock an a big thanks to kevin sullivan foe letting me drive his car in the shootout

Thanks Tony...Thanks for being a loyal seller and a big help for all my racing needs...Ill do my best to keep it up front...

I remember when i used to take Nathans dad and his Uncle Eric to watch the races our favorite thing was to watch the number 10 yep Arron Hudgeons we would be in the stands screaming at the top of our lungs. Another was Vince Louden I will never forget when he gave Nathans dad Derrick the tropy he won Now here we are racing at the very same track Its got shade for those hot days it really isnt a bad place We try to get new people to go try to make it a place to be on saturday night the Stacys dont know we didnt tell them we talk to people to go to the races we like it there! I want everybody to think about something If you go to every track in south texas and something happens and they close the tracks one by one because theres always something negitave posted on there where are you gonna race As quick as some of you are at posting negiative when something good happens you wont post that You guys know what im getting at Go race at your favorite track have a good time dont let bad situations get you down use the inter net to your advantage not to crapp on people Also check out space book thats what our announer calls it Gina put up pics

Have a nice day everyone

Andy

I remember when i used to take Nathans dad and his Uncle Eric to watch the races our favorite thing was to watch the number 10 yep Arron Hudgeons we would be in the stands screaming at the top of our lungs. Another was Vince Louden I will never forget when he gave Nathans dad Derrick the tropy he won Now here we are racing at the very same track Its got shade for those hot days it really isnt a bad place We try to get new people to go try to make it a place to be on saturday night the Stacys dont know we didnt tell them we talk to people to go to the races we like it there! I want everybody to think about something If you go to every track in south texas and something happens and they close the tracks one by one because theres always something negitave posted on there where are you gonna race As quick as some of you are at posting negiative when something good happens you wont post that You guys know what im getting at Go race at your favorite track have a good time dont let bad situations get you down use the inter net to your advantage not to crapp on people Also check out space book thats what our announer calls it Gina put up pics

Have a nice day everyone

Andy

ANDY Im gonna comment on this post because i posted earlier on this thread before. A business does not go out of business because of negative post a business goes out of business because it is not self supportive with funds and is not able to pay for itself.

,and does not have customer base to be supportive.Us me you and everyone else is a consumer we have right to go to any business and do business with who we decide.We also have the right to voice our opinion of any situation that happens when doing business with whom we chose for this instance s.o.s. When we purchase a vehicle we can decide who we buy from when we race we decide where to race now we only go back to that business and purchase another vehicle if we are satisfied. If we were treated fair and if respected and if we have a problem with that vehicle we take it back to the dealer if not satisfied we ask to talk to the boss if he doesnt take care of our needs we dont go back, this is the closest thing to my situation of what happened at track saturday and reason i posted on forum.Now im only speaking to clearify my situation up from my post if you have posted any of this in reference to my post. If so no hard feelings if not dont take it wrong way . I for one like this track great place for most, track has been good when i raced,this night i felt it wasnt prepared for this race my opinion, i have takin my situation to keith personally several times and we talked about situation was is settled some yes some no and some maybe.The problem i had was with call of black flag,did i get this settled no. A place of business that deals with general public and has to rely on repeat business you need to solve problems with customers. This being said i hope is not taken out of content this track has lots of potential one of best i have supported track,sponsored track donated to races etc. and wish it luck i was wanting to help and glad i did and was able too.Hope my point is understood . I am for one a business owner have several business and has been successful so i have some experience in dealing with general public and peoples (CRAP ) as you stated earlier lol = you have to resolve issues when occur..if any questions feel free to call 571-1246

Have a nice day everyone

Andy

ANDY Im gonna comment on this post because i posted earlier on this thread before. A business does not go out of business because of negative post a business goes out of business because it is not self supportive with funds and is not able to pay for itself.

,and does not have customer base to be supportive.Us me you and everyone else is a consumer we have right to go to any business and do business with who we decide.We also have the right to voice our opinion of any situation that happens when doing business with whom we chose for this instance s.o.s. When we purchase a vehicle we can decide who we buy from when we race we decide where to race now we only go back to that business and purchase another vehicle if we are satisfied. If we were treated fair and if respected and if we have a problem with that vehicle we take it back to the dealer if not satisfied we ask to talk to the boss if he doesnt take care of our needs we dont go back, this is the closest thing to my situation of what happened at track saturday and reason i posted on forum.Now im only speaking to clearify my situation up from my post if you have posted any of this in reference to my post. If so no hard feelings if not dont take it wrong way . I for one like this track great place for most, track has been good when i raced,this night i felt it wasnt prepared for this race my opinion, i have takin my situation to keith personally several times and we talked about situation was is settled some yes some no and some maybe.The problem i had was with call of black flag,did i get this settled no. A place of business that deals with general public and has to rely on repeat business you need to solve problems with customers. This being said i hope is not taken out of content this track has lots of potential one of best i have supported track,sponsored track donated to races etc. and wish it luck i was wanting to help and glad i did and was able too.Hope my point is understood . I am for one a business owner have several business and has been successful so i have some experience in dealing with general public and peoples (CRAP ) as you stated earlier lol = you have to resolve issues when occur..if any questions feel free to call 571-1246

This is Rosemary, I want to say thank you to Carlton for the way he has stated his case with a great deal of dignity and still been very supportive of SOS.

Thanks for video from my stand point i really could not see that smoke was bad enough for black flag didnt slow waer from flying by me, i watched this video if anymore out their could you post so i could try and understand or see more smoke to justify black flag....

Thanks for video from my stand point i really could not see that smoke was bad enough for black flag didnt slow waer from flying by me, i watched this video if anymore out their could you post so i could try and understand or see more smoke to justify black flag....

I have in car and stand cam.. from sat.. just havent figured out how to post it

Thanks to Joesph Snow! He really got me out of bind this weekend. Nathan had a blast I couldnt have done it with out your help. Just wanted to let you know i do appreciate it little buddy.

Andy

And great job to the drivers for not running each other over think we had a few miss haps but no torn up cars...and to SOS for giving us a place to run...and a mulit line track/dry surface... but it made for a new style of racing at SOS...something different...low and high lines

THE TRACK WAS HORRIBLE, EXTREMELY ROUGH BY THE FIRST FEATURE AND VERY DRY. SOS has always been known to be a wet tacky track and they have been very consistent at keeping it that way. Last night they made the track exactly how the out of towners wanted it, they will see that the out of towners are just that they will be out of town and know where to be seen THE REST OF THE SEASON.

LOL

I have raced at several tracks around the country and Shady Oaks is my all time favorite track. I love all the trees the long straight and the layout. I have had some issues with the previous owner, but I still love the track. I will say that the larger than normal car count most likely contributed to the dry condition as it does on every big show Ive ever attended, unless you farm between rounds. There is a lot of heat generated by the car engines and tires, and south Texas sun doesn't help matters. I have raced in Pleasington before when you couldn't see the lights from one corner to the other, because of dust, and had to guess where the turn was, but everyone had the same conditions to deal with.

I recently went to a venue where they were racing asphalt cars on a road course, god it was boring!, guys do everything you can to keep your local dirt track open, its the best racing in the world if you ask me! Track owners should also listen to their entertainers as well, after all they are who the crowd comes to see, its like a two fold negotiation and should be consistent with everyone, no exceptions. Just throwing my two pennies in. Good job Bo! Chip off the old block!

Archived