Thanks to Joesph Snow! He really got me out of bind this weekend. Nathan had a blast I couldnt have done it with out your help. Just wanted to let you know i do appreciate it little buddy.

Andy

And great job to the drivers for not running each other over think we had a few miss haps but no torn up cars...and to SOS for giving us a place to run...and a mulit line track/dry surface... but it made for a new style of racing at SOS...something different...low and high lines

Thanks to Joesph Snow! He really got me out of bind this weekend. Nathan had a blast I couldnt have done it with out your help. Just wanted to let you know i do appreciate it little buddy.

Andy

And great job to the drivers for not running each other over think we had a few miss haps but no torn up cars...and to SOS for giving us a place to run...and a mulit line track/dry surface... but it made for a new style of racing at SOS...something different...low and high lines

THE TRACK WAS HORRIBLE, EXTREMELY ROUGH BY THE FIRST FEATURE AND VERY DRY. SOS has always been known to be a wet tacky track and they have been very consistent at keeping it that way. Last night they made the track exactly how the out of towners wanted it, they will see that the out of towners are just that they will be out of town and know where to be seen THE REST OF THE SEASON.

your were super fast and your car handled great but cant agree with you on track condition i think might have been worse i ever raced on multiple i think that means more than one, during limited and street stock looked like a train on track all cars on bottom if they didnt wont to beat the hell out of theirself,but we all have to remember it was already taken care of we were told at drivers meeting only human not perfect mistakes will be made [edited] GOOD LUCK SOS HOPE SOME OF THIS CAN BE CORRECTED IN NEAR FUTURE and this is not bashing track its just speaking piece of mind and hopefully taken as for corrective criticisms to improve so you all has a place to race close to home.

Track was far from horrible as a matter of fact it showed who can drive. SOS went through the entire day working the track. They ripped it up, graded it, sheepfooted it with alot of effort put into it. I personally saw the effort and I thank them for that. As far as the out of towners comment we are helping keeping your track alive so I would put a lid on that. My concerns for SOS's future are flagging related. I'm sure flagging a partial field on weekly shows isnt an issue but for big full field shows experience is needed without any question. I thank god we didnt have a dozen car pile up on the restart caution delima, which is in my book the biggest no no a flagman could ever do. Keep in mind the drivers safety and equipment are at risk and the flagman has every bit of it in his hands. Please dont take that foregranted, instead of using my comments and being upset learn from them and protect your drivers.

I will disagree about it being a train race during the street stocks....AJ went from 24th to 2nd in the street stocks after being put in the rear...

Brenda

sorry Brenda you cant compare what A.J does he is not your normal racer he could take anything and build a race car out of it and win,but he was the one that hit bottom and everyone followed suit and that was race groove in the sand on bottom still dont understand why he was put in back hopefully this wasnt another bad call i bet they thought he was gonna spin out lol

People like A.j is who most learn from watching one of best..still think 90% of race was one groove..

Last year we were over a second faster then what we were this year so I doubt the track was prepped for the out of towners, plus a local won the Ss race. Everyone had the same track adapt to it and see how good you are.jmo.

I agree and u say how the out of towners wanted it is bull I wanted a wet track and can name three other cars that did as well we set up for wet and it threw us a curve and we chased handling all nite but we respect the track for all the effort they put forth and did not come on here and start talkin crap. Street Stock#8

your were super fast and your car handled great but cant agree with you on track condition i think might have been worse i ever raced on multiple i think that means more than one, during limited and street stock looked like a train on track all cars on bottom if they didnt wont to beat the hell out of theirself,but we all have to remember it was already taken care of we were told at drivers meeting only human not perfect mistakes will be made [edited] GOOD LUCK SOS HOPE SOME OF THIS CAN BE CORRECTED IN NEAR FUTURE and this is not bashing track its just speaking piece of mind and hopefully taken as for corrective criticisms to improve so you all has a place to race close to home.

Thanks, yes car was super fast and did handle amazing...I do agree track was rough, but there were spots that you could drive through it and it just so happened that the bottom line was that fast line...but i drove right in the middle and ended up fine..(Maybe) all the laps Friday had a negative result on Sat. track....plus the darn chance of rain...

Track was far from horrible as a matter of fact it showed who can drive. SOS went through the entire day working the track. They ripped it up, graded it, sheepfooted it with alot of effort put into it. I personally saw the effort and I thank them for that. As far as the out of towners comment we are helping keeping your track alive so I would put a lid on that. My concerns for SOS's future are flagging related. I'm sure flagging a partial field on weekly shows isnt an issue but for big full field shows experience is needed without any question. I thank god we didnt have a dozen car pile up on the restart caution delima, which is in my book the biggest no no a flagman could ever do. Keep in mind the drivers safety and equipment are at risk and the flagman has every bit of it in his hands. Please dont take that foregranted, instead of using my comments and being upset learn from them and protect your drivers.

I dont think track was dry do to out of towners either i just think you have to start preparing track earlier in week with this type of soil its been said before i know with rain possible they might have been takin caution and do understand, flagging yes this is and has been major problem since last year after Jeff left, racers have voiced concern numerous times and no improvement made. I also was supprised that their wasnt a big pile up,hopefully we want ever witness that only thing we can hope is someone listens to the problem with flagging and it is corrected. Also glad you are keeping series alive i enjoy watching this race..

I was actually impressed watching the effort put into the track saturday. We watched the equipment operator and he was doing a fine job even did alittle more then what we thought he was going to do. After talking with Rosemary her shoulder was worn out due to all the watering they did Wednesday. I think moving the tires out of the infield in 3 and 4 would have kept the cars from throwing dust onto the track.

Contrary to popular belief, no the track was not dry because of the Shootout. There was over 40,000 gallons of water put on the track between Wednesday and Saturday along with a 1/2" rain on Friday. Approximately 7,000 gallons of that water was Saturday afternoon. That's approximately 2,000 gallons more than we have put out each of the previous 2 race nights. Our goal was a heavy, tacky track but we flat missed it. Nobody was more dissapointed with the racing surface than My Folks and I because of the number of hours that we put in to prepping the track so that we could give the Racers and the Fans the Best Show Possible. My appologies to the Racers and the Fans that expected better.

To all the Racers that raced this weekend in all the classes, Thank You. Everyone presented their home tracks well and are welcome back any time.

Street Stock Shootout Driver's and Teams, I wish Y'all the best of luck over the next 4 races.

Thanks,

Keith Stacy

Race Director/Owner

I just want to say I support SOS 100% , I raced my race finished where I finished and don't make any excuses for that. I want to thank the entire SOS team Rosemary, Bobby, Keith, Cody and all the volunteers for all there hard work they put together to give us a place to race. I'm human and make mistakes and made one this morning by saying the track was made dry slick for the out of towners SOS did everything within there power to get the track in to normal SOS race conditions it just didn't turn out that way. I'm sure if I was the one prepping the track it would probably be a mud bog with corn rows in it. Can't wait till the 25th it's going to something to see , Sprint cars going over 100 mph. Hope to see everyone there

Brian Morris

Pure Stock # 9

Shady Oaks Speedway

later to night i am going to speak my mind but for now all i can say is do you think them folks did that on porpuse i dont think so they probably tried to doe their best so they can get more people to come back and it didnt turn out that way i dont agree with some things they do but i dont tell anybody i dont cry and i dont bitch.im a grown ass man i dont come out and grip !

Archived