What a bunch of slackers

Rookie49

Face book has taken over for the most part.

I love FaceBook and use it all the time. At one point I pretty much decided to stop losing any more money and saving myself a bunch of time by shutting this place down.

But, several folks pointed out that to get what they get on here, there would have to visit dozens, if not hundreds, of FB pages every day and they didn't have time to do that.

Then a couple of track owners told me that FB is great for reaching their hard-core fans, but that they are really only "preaching to the choir" on FaceBook rather than reaching out to a larger, more widespread audience. They urged me to keep it running and promised to provide more content (which has not happened yet and is very disappointing to me).

Others reminded me that they totally depend on the live updates since they have no way to get to the track. And several of our military members have sent wonderful thank you notes to me for doing the live updates. Warms my heart for sure to get those.

Then several folks from the dirt track ranks have reminded me that LSSZ played the major role in getting two very important dirt track series up and running successfully. Both those series are tending to unify a few dirt tracks in Central/South Texas.

Surprisingly, the numbers of unique visitors at LSSZ has not decreased due to FB. We still generate between 10K and 15K unique visitors in the forums and around 5K unique visitors on the front page every month. That's a lot of eyeballs. I guess we are filling a need after all.

So, I said, well, OK. I'll keep it up. And about that time Mark Stevens volunteered to help upgrade both the front page and the forums so I felt like it was a sign for me to keep LSSZ alive and growing bigger and better.

All this to say, yes, Gundog99, FB is here to stay. Like I said, I use it all the time. It's also a blessing to me because a whole lot of the B.S. and bashing and cussing and other negative crap that some folks used to try to post here has moved to FB where those that enjoy that sort of thing are having a field day. They can have that stuff. I edit it out if it shows up here.

Nick

SHUT DOWN SPEEDZONE WOULD KILL ME AND ALL MY WONDERFUL FANS ...CHOKE .COUGH . OK ONE FAN I THINK HELP ME OUT SOMEONE , I MEAN HOW WOULD ANYONE INJOY ALL MY HOG WASH DOUBLE TALK FULL OF IT NOT FINISHED CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING I HAVE TO SAY SENTENCES AND STORY.S .........THANKS NICK FOR ALL YOU DO .....

Archived