side bite

HiTech

having a discussion with someone over how to get just a tiny bit more right rear side bite off the turn ,,,leaf spring car with equal spring rating.. i say a tiny bit more left rear spring .the person said more right rear ..who is wrong..i know other factors could play a part but we are spring talking ...

There are so many variables that come into play when discussing turn exit, that it is almost impossible to give advice without knowing at least a dozen, or so, of the more important of those suspension variables. Stuff like roll couple distribution, tire stagger, tire temps, lowering blocks, weight distribution, etc.

However, the classic answer would be to either lower the RR spring rate or increase the LR spring rate.

That being said, many cars today use very low front spring rates coupled with very high sway bar rates. In order to balance the very heavy sway bar rate, some teams have found that a reverse spring split in the rear works well to balance the car. It is not uncommon to see cars using this set up to have RR springs that area significantly stiffer than the LR spring rates.

Nick

WE RUN THE REAR FORWARD A TAD ..LOOKING AT THE CAR I FOUND THE LEAFS ARE BINDING AFTER IT WAS HIT THE LAST RACE IT WAS IN ...THE LEFT REAR SLIDER IS BENT ..THANKS GUYS .ILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT MAY ....ILL TELL THE OTHER PERSON I WAS RIGHT .

Archived