not racing

HiTech

HAVING TO PUT A DOUBLE SHIFT IN TODAY .I DECIDED TO COME HOME AT 5.OCLOCK EAT AND TRY TO GET A FEW SNORES IN BEFORE I GO BACK AT 7.OCLOCK....AFTER EATING AROUND 5.45 AND JUST STARTING TO SLIDE INTO MY SNORE ZONE THE DOOR BELL RANG ...NOW WHO COULD THAT BE I WONDERED AS I OPENED THE DOOR THERE STOOD A FOUR FOOT 12 YEAR OLD YOUNG MAN HOLDING A NOTE PAD WITH REMINDER NOTES ON WHAT HE WANTED TO SAY .....I COULD SEE HE WAS NERVOUS ...I SHOOK HIS HAND AND THAT SEEMED TO HELP HIM ...THEN I ASKED HIM HOW I COULD HELP .....HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT HIS MOM AND DAD WANTED HIM TO GO OUT AND BUILD CHARACTER BY EARNING HIS OWN MONEY ,I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD BEEN IN TROUBLE AND HE SAID NO SIR //I LIKE THE SIR PART .GOOD I SAID... THEY JUST WANTED HIM TO LEARN NOTHING IS FREE AND IF HE WANTED EXTRA TOYS OR WHAT NOT.S HE HAD TO EARN THEM ..I AM THINKING WOW GREAT BUT WE MOW OUR OWN YARD AND SUCH WHAT COULD IT BE . OF ALL THINGS AND NEVER EVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS ...PUTTING OUR GARBAGE CANS UP AS HE WENT HOME FROM SCHOOL ......HOW ABOUT THAT FOLKS ..........JUST WHEN WHEN YOU THINK ITS HOPELESS WITH YOUNG ONES TODAY .THERE ARE STILL GOOD PARENTS WHO WILL TAKE THE TIME TO LEAD .AND YOU CAN FIND 12 YEAR OLDS LIKE THIS YOUNG MAN ..AS I EXPLAINED TO HIM BACK IN THE 60.S I MOWED YARDS WITH A MOWER SO OLD FOR THREE BUCKS IF YOU TURNED IT OFF YOU HAD TO CLEAN THE POINTS TO GET HER FIRED BACK UP FOR THE NEXT YARD .TOOK ME ALL SUMMER TO SAVE ENOUGH TO BUY A NEW MOWER .I TOLD HIM HE WOULD LOOK BACK ON THIS DAY WITH A SMILE AND A STORY TO TELL ...........SO I ASKED HIM HIS NAME .JOSHUA ....THAT HIT ME AS MY SONS NAME IS JOSHUA AND THAT BROUGHT BACK OLD MEMORIES OF HE BEING 12 ..AND HOW WE MOVE ALONG IN LIFE AND FORGET THOSE DAYS .AND REALIZE WE MISS EM .AND OVER LOOK THE GOOD AS THEY GET OLDER ..SOMEDAY HIS PARENTS AS THEY ARE NOW WILL BE JUST AS PROUD AS I AM OF MY SON .........................................AS FOR PRICE .TEN DOLLARS A MONTH WITH THE FIRST MONTH FREE ...I HIRED HIM ..............THATS MY GOOD TO KNOW STORY ........Take time to lead

:rolleyes: What a great story Hi-Tech and thanks for sharing it! It must have taken alot of courage to walk up to your door and say what

he did. You provided a "hand up" and not a "hand out" to a young boy who will remember you forever.

Mom + Dad of Joshua are to be commended for the intestinal fortitude to be able to convey to this young man the instruction to be independent and make your way in the world. I could say more but won't because its just a beautiful story....the end.

10 dollars a month, first month free.... This kids learning from the best markerters out there. I'll be honest.... after my wife not be able to pull into our drive way today because the garbage can was in the middle of the left side, and recycle can in the middle of the right can 3' from the curb, and having to listen to her complain about having to get out of the car move the cans and get back in the car (she's quite a few months pregnant and getting in and out of the car apparently can be quite a chore.....) I think I'd pay 10 bucks a month to have this done the twice a week, to not have to listen to the complaining. My generation has pretty much screwed the country (the Gen Y's).. this give me hope that the next is going to turn stuff around.

:rolleyes: What a great story Hi-Tech and thanks for sharing it! It must have taken alot of courage to walk up to your door and say what

he did. You provided a "hand up" and not a "hand out" to a young boy who will remember you forever.

Mom + Dad of Joshua are to be commended for the intestinal fortitude to be able to convey to this young man the instruction to be independent and make your way in the world. I could say more but won't because its just a beautiful story....the end.

Thanks both of you .....WE NEED MORE POSITIVE ..AND ANYONE HERE WITH A STORY .INSIGHT.. JUST PLAIN OLD BLABBER WHICH I AM GOOD AT ..CAN SPEAK ALL THEY WANT .IT WILL NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL ....... THE ONE THING I JUST THOUGHT OF THAT WOULD BE A BIG BOOST FOR OUR YOUNG ONES TODAY .IS THIS YOUNG MAN WILL TELL HIS FRIENDS ABOUT EARNING HIS OWN MONEY ..THEY I HOPE WILL IN TURN FOLLOW ....

Archived