Get USMTS at Shady Oaks

I do not know too much about the track, who owns it, and what the financial status is of the place. But, I really would love to see the USMTS down here. I have been there a few times, and the place has a nice facility and the track was good the few times I was there last year. The USMTS comes to Baytown twice a year, would be awesome if Shady could get a two day race down here the weekend before or after Baytown. I mean, the guys would already be down here, and they drive a long ways. I think it would attract more guys from up north to come down and race if there are 2 weekends of A-Mod racing. Even if Shady could get one night, then go to South Texas or that other track in the Houston area. I know these guys go to Cowtown and one other one too, but would just love to see them down south for a closer race for us fans down here. I do know that Todd Staley has rented tracks out before, and if the cost was an issue, surely this could be considered.

SO WHO WANTS TO SEE THE USMTS HERE IN SOUTHERN TEXAS?!?!?!?

SOS would love to bring in a big show. Anyone who would like to support this with sponsorship and knwoledge please contact us. We have looked at several big events but they all require large upfront money. Thank you for your interest in SOS and any help toward doing this would be appreciated.

I do not know too much about the track, who owns it, and what the financial status is of the place. But, I really would love to see the USMTS down here. I have been there a few times, and the place has a nice facility and the track was good the few times I was there last year. The USMTS comes to Baytown twice a year, would be awesome if Shady could get a two day race down here the weekend before or after Baytown. I mean, the guys would already be down here, and they drive a long ways. I think it would attract more guys from up north to come down and race if there are 2 weekends of A-Mod racing. Even if Shady could get one night, then go to South Texas or that other track in the Houston area. I know these guys go to Cowtown and one other one too, but would just love to see them down south for a closer race for us fans down here. I do know that Todd Staley has rented tracks out before, and if the cost was an issue, surely this could be considered.

SO WHO WANTS TO SEE THE USMTS HERE IN SOUTHERN TEXAS?!?!?!?

The problem with running around the time Baytown is running is their are other big money shows the weeks leading up to it. I know Southern New Mexico Speedway actually moved their Modified Fall Nationals up two weeks to accommodate for Baytown moving their show up a few weeks the past few years. Plus, have you seen the stands at RPR for a USMTS show? All of the times I have ever been I bet I have seen less than 500 in the grandstands every race. Someone is losing a lot of money every time they roll into town. Don't get me wrong, I bet they would put on a hellava show at SOS and I would go but it would take some seriously deep pockets to make it happen.

USMTS offers a couple different options to tracks to run a race...

Parking so many of those huge rigs would be an issue in the pits....

Houston has far more places for people to use their disposable income than Goliad....

I doubt USMTS would just add a date at this point in the season.....

Checking for other big money shows, even out-of-state, would be imparitive to ensure good car count....

Yea, I am talking about doing this next year. Plus, like I said, if a person was to talk to Todd Staley about doing a show: I do know that he has rented tracks in the past, thus not requiring the large upfront cost. I mean, I am just suggesting this, I think it would probably be worth a call to Staley and see what he says. And, you only run 2 support classes with this big of a show too, as to not burn up time and the RACE TRACK, plus would give ya a tad bit more space in the pits. Nothing I hate more than going to a big show that will draw large amounts of cars in a single class then having to watch 5 support classes. The track often doesn't hold up too well, plus its late as hell when you get home. Surely if this was to happen, a few trees could be removed and dragged somewhere.

Yea, I am talking about doing this next year. Plus, like I said, if a person was to talk to Todd Staley about doing a show: I do know that he has rented tracks in the past, thus not requiring the large upfront cost. I mean, I am just suggesting this, I think it would probably be worth a call to Staley and see what he says. And, you only run 2 support classes with this big of a show too, as to not burn up time and the RACE TRACK, plus would give ya a tad bit more space in the pits. Nothing I hate more than going to a big show that will draw large amounts of cars in a single class then having to watch 5 support classes. The track often doesn't hold up too well, plus its late as hell when you get home. Surely if this was to happen, a few trees could be removed and dragged somewhere.

hey dude dont mess with my trees! period! But Your right it doesnt hurt to ask it doesn`t cost nothing to ask and if you do it right you just might get the answer your looking for All they can say is no Talk about a big show I remember when they used to have monster trucks The stands would be busting at the seams it would also bring in folks who havent been there in a long time maybe they willl keep coming back Now hows that for an idea!!!

hey dude dont mess with my trees! period! But Your right it doesnt hurt to ask it doesn`t cost nothing to ask and if you do it right you just might get the answer your looking for All they can say is no Talk about a big show I remember when they used to have monster trucks The stands would be busting at the seams it would also bring in folks who havent been there in a long time maybe they willl keep coming back Now hows that for an idea!!!

I'm all for a usmts or supr race but monster trucks hell yeah . Tons of people go to watch monster trucks because they appeal to more people even non dirt track fans and its reasonably cheap . Every kid loves them .

Todd keeps his shows moving along and probably wouldn't want more than limited modifieds as a support class. I was a RPR last February and couldn't get off the track to go to the restroom because they were behind on the show and didn't have an intermission. Needless to say I ended up watering some tires on the infield...LOL

All fans would love to see USMTS , SUPR or ASCS at their tracks.But it costs the track from what I hear a 5 digit figure up front to get them to show.That means ticket prices need to double.In other words there is a ton of expense involved. Really if you look at how successful the Hudgeons Memorial race and the annual shootout at STS are you can put on a great show at a lower exspense.

Archived