Problems with fuel injected 302

JamesHigdon

what firing order are you using? 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 ? Dont forget that in 1994 the 302 in the f150 and Bronco got a new rolla cam and the 351w firing order that came with it 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

The truck is an early '94 as is the motor, the core support however is out of a truck with the later roller cam 302...it runs GREAT with the 1-5-4... firing order but the 1-3-7... listed on the core support was wrong! Thank you A TON for the suggestion as well as everyone else for the tips. This situation ended up being a GREAT lesson for our new tech fresh out of highschool as he now knows a ton of diagnostic procedures PLUS that you can't always believe what you read on the core support! Thanks again everyone!!!! ;) , 4cylfordz, I'm going to find you at a track sometime and fund some of your favorite beer or food!

Bonus question - why only a misfire on three when four cylinders are effected by firing order?

Bonus question - why only a misfire on three when four cylinders are effected by firing order?

when the plug is fired to number four using the 351w firing order it is still descending on its power stroke from the previous cycle so it still works, but it's retarded to all get out and a very short lived stroke before the exhaust valve opens. I may be wrong but I figure I'll tryi it lol

• 2 weeks later...

... Thanks again everyone!!!! ;) , 4cylfordz, I'm going to find you at a track sometime and fund some of your favorite beer or food!

hey gotta get some free food and beer ,,lol ...jk

Good point - he's due at least a hot dog bun and beer cup (minus beer).

Archived