Texas Mile (New Thread)

KISS_Racing

According to The Texas Mile Facebook page it has been confirmed that Jennifer Robertson ( Will Neon14 ) sister is now the fastest woman in the world in the standing mile. She ran a 243.3 bettering the old record by .1 miles per hour. What has been said to be the old record was actually for I believe Loring which is a 1.5 mile.

Congrats to Jenn and family as to Johnny the bike owner and builder.

Thats pretty dang fast for a neon! In fact, that car is faster than a lot of cars that go down the mile. Now everyone knows why I chose a neon to race! Think of all the sand bagging I had to do :lol:

Unfortunately because of work, and family stuff I was not able to get free till Saturday afternoon. Jenn had already broke the record. I just stayed at home. I was bumbed out. Looks like I missed a good one. She even made Jalopnik! But there was some sort of miss information because they said she had piloted a streamliner to almost 400mph at Bonneville, and I dont ever recall of her telling me about that lol. Congrats to my sister for finally breaking the record for the standing mile. She has been after it for years. Hopefully is stands for awhile.

Sorry I did not make this one Mark, I fully intended too. Just didnt work out.

Bobby, no relative of ours. I think Jenn was hoping to get 250 this weekend. She sent me a text Friday saying she had a good shot. Here is what she said "went 236 on first pass and couldn't shift into 3rd or 4th...was only at 170 at the half and picked up over 60mph. Fixed shifting issues and went 205 at the half and the boost hose blew off. We fixed that so it should be good tomorrow"

well she is famous ..heck someone at work who has nothing to do with racing mentioned it tonight at work ........his words some chick just broke the standing mile record ....he looked at me funny when i named her and told him we raced against her dad and brother ...glad she finally pulled it off ..

I have always said Jenn is so humble and this weekend was no different... After setting the record she was still the same Jenn... I know she wanted 250 in a bad way, but there will be March.

Congrats to the whole Robertson family for all the hard work and time ya'll have put into getting to the record. Also to Johnny for letting Jenn ride Your bike, You da man!

It's funny in a way. Jenn and Johnny knew there was a 250 in the bike just had different issues that kept it from doing it. Then the Hennesy Ford GT was parked next to Us and leading up to the 263.3 they were having issues. The Ford GT had a 270 in it and they had borrowed a soldering iron from Us to fix a harness that broke. It would be a sensor that would break after fixing the harness that led to the left side of the motor leaning out and their motor blowing keeping them from running their 270.

It is the little things that can keep You from reaching a goal! It is the persistance of the team that sets records.........

Archived