Texas Mile (New Thread)

KISS_Racing

Jenn will be riding the same bike she she ran in Maine. That bike is capable of a 250mph pass. Just got to work the bugs out of it. Once you get to a certain point things get more and more difficult. Dads bike is still not ready, not really been working on it.

She did get her yearly trip to the emergency room in the other day :lol: She was jumping her horse and fell off. Thought she had a broken wrist but ex-rays came back negative. I told her not to do any crazy stuff before Bonneville. Thats only to weeks away!

Jenn will be riding the same bike she she ran in Maine. That bike is capable of a 250mph pass. Just got to work the bugs out of it. Once you get to a certain point things get more and more difficult. Dads bike is still not ready, not really been working on it.

She did get her yearly trip to the emergency room in the other day :lol: She was jumping her horse and fell off. Thought she had a broken wrist but ex-rays came back negative. I told her not to do any crazy stuff before Bonneville. Thats only to weeks away!

sure glad you said fell off ..had me wondering for a few .....she is fearless .....i would not even consider running half the speed she has on two wheels .i notice your with me on that .you have not tried it either ...

can you bring a RV and stay there at the track?

Joe, they got lots of folks that do that, although there are no hookups. You wil be parked on either the old main aircraft parking ramp, or along the old taxiways. Everyone there is in the pits.

Bing plenty of stuff to eat with you; the vendors are busy and a bit pricey, and it is 15 minutes to the nearest store, a stop-n-rob at that.

Let me know if you go, I will probably be there Saturday. I hang with Greg, and my brother is bringing his camaro.

Joe,

As Tom mentioned come prepared. Food isn't that expensive although it is always cheaper when You bring your own. Bring generator, plenty of fuel. Plan on figuring your water for number of days you would stay. Also, I believe there is a dump station in Beeville but could be wrong. Walmart within 20 minutes, so not a huge deal there

I know Tom knows the ropes real well, but if You have any (?????) send me a note and I'll do my best to point You in the right direction. Everyone is friendly out there and we help each other out. We have sold plenty of Nitrous to others so it isn't as if You will be out there alone if You know what I mean...

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Jenn says she is going to go say hi to Macky. She has been in line since 7 this morning. This will be her 3rd and final licensing pass, she has to keep it under 200. Not sure this bike will go that fast though. The record for this class is a tick over 200.

Here is a quote from Jenn yesterday "after my first pass I pulled off at the 4 mile marker and went past the cones where you have to shut off the bike and wait for you ride...it was completely silent and no one within sight...just white and dead silence"

Kind of high jacked the Texas mile thread but this is just getting us ready for the mile!

Jenn completed her third licensing pass. All she had to do was run between 175 and 200mph. She went 199.9 Lol! As usual Jenn is pushing things to the limit Less than 1mph off the class record. Tomorrow she will make an attempt at the record.

2012-09-09165022.jpg

2012-09-09121016.jpg

Here is a link to Bonneville Results. I just looked and they are only updated to Saturday thus far... GO JENN AND RYAN!!!!!

Bonneville World of Speed 2012

If you go to search for Jenn it will look something like this. Her boyfriend is Ryan Ostergard so you may see him listed on the same bike.

123 7607 OSTERGARD & ROBERT JENNIFER ROBERTSON M-G 1650 200.849 157.97913 160.80877

Here is a link to Bonneville Results. I just looked and they are only updated to Saturday thus far... GO JENN AND RYAN!!!!!

Bonneville World of Speed 2012

If you go to search for Jenn it will look something like this. Her boyfriend is Ryan Ostergard so you may see him listed on the same bike.

123 7607 OSTERGARD & ROBERT JENNIFER ROBERTSON M-G 1650 200.849 157.97913 160.80877

I just got a text from Will. It looks like the bike Jenn was attempting to set the record with has issues. She most likely is done for the event. In other events she has been offered other bikes to ride, so let see if this happens.

From what I gather the motor wouldn't pull past 10,000rpm, prolly got tired. All it takes is for one little thing to be not quite right to slow you down. If it was easy it would not be any fun :lol:

Interestingly this was an all motor bike, no power adders, and the bike had no plastic on it. No windshield, no fairings, nothing. Cant wait to talk to jenn and hear what it was like to go almost 200 with no windscreen!

Next.....Texas Mile!

Jenn says she is going to go say hi to Macky. She has been in line since 7 this morning. This will be her 3rd and final licensing pass, she has to keep it under 200. Not sure this bike will go that fast though. The record for this class is a tick over 200.

Here is a quote from Jenn yesterday "after my first pass I pulled off at the 4 mile marker and went past the cones where you have to shut off the bike and wait for you ride...it was completely silent and no one within sight...just white and dead silence"

I meant to say Macky will be at the Texas Mile

• 2 weeks later...

I know of one young lady who can't wait.... I for one can't wait to hear her name with 240 Club after it then 250 Club and to hear them announce she is now the fastest woman in the standing mile WOOOO HOOOO!

Come On Mile!

Are You Ready?!?!?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, just got some interesting/exciting news... There have been two cars that have run 250+MPH. The LMR Camaro & The Hennesy Ford GT, well LMR is said to be bringing a car that will break there own record. The Ford GT holds the record at 257.7MPH and this new LMR car is said to be well capable of breaking the 257.7 record.

If you have not been to this event, you need to come.... Land Speed Racing (LSR) is a rush and how many places do you know of that You can watch semi-production car (modified cars) run well into the 200MPH range.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, just got some interesting/exciting news... There have been two cars that have run 250+MPH. The LMR Camaro & The Hennesy Ford GT, well LMR is said to be bringing a car that will break there own record. The Ford GT holds the record at 257.7MPH and this new LMR car is said to be well capable of breaking the 257.7 record.

If you have not been to this event, you need to come.... Land Speed Racing (LSR) is a rush and how many places do you know of that You can watch semi-production car (modified cars) run well into the 200MPH range.

Is Davidson going to be there with his late model?

Archived