Ethanol

neon14

Had to replace fuel lines on the weedeater due to ethanol eating them up.

My Dad was in Indianapolis the 500 week, and his party visited a shop where the guy showed them some product that is designed to treat ethanol to prevent starting issues and stuff like that. I will try to find the name.

The guy used it in everything he had, including seasonal use engines--snowblowers, etc.

I dunno if you have a Rudys BBQ around you but they sell ethanol free gas. I'm not thinking an additive will do much good as nothing will really remove the alcohol from the fuel (safely) which is what is eating you lines up. I'd say either replace the lines or find gas without it

I dunno if you have a Rudys BBQ around you but they sell ethanol free gas. I'm not thinking an additive will do much good as nothing will really remove the alcohol from the fuel (safely) which is what is eating you lines up. I'd say either replace the lines or find gas without it

Not to mention it sucks up moisture in the air and can seriously foul up small carbs really quick. Usally bogs down when you hit the gas but idles fine. Ethonol is horrible stuff for engines and it is really bad for the enviorment.

Archived