SAS racers SO FAR

Alexander01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how many cars at one time would be too many to run on that track at one time... I know at the 3/8s mile track about 25 is a full field but on the half mile... would you do like Nascar and do 43 or would you go up to 50?

I was in the pits when we started 31 Street Stocks for a feature it was a good clean start, it don't take long to start running into lap traffic. But it sure was FUN !!! I have seen that many Super Lates (TIDA, ROMCO) at SAS and the ol gal can handle it, it's the drivers we have to worry about. :lol: Lenny66 B)

There is multiple groves at SAS that you could chose to run there for having less cautions and drivers could make a clean pass instead of taking them out in the one grove that other tracks have. SAS provides way more patience as a 1/2 mile.

This sure is looking promising. Any idea on rules for this event??? HANS Device or similar neck restraint gonna be required??? May have to get my car off jackstands. Lenny66 B)

They are suppose to have that info out soon

Saw the super stock rules were out for those that would be interested

Several of the rules are posted including the trucks, but I had to wonder after reading them...why didn't they just copy the rules that are already in place? The ones posted have more holes than swiss cheese.

So after all of the car counts were made prior to the rules coming out, now how many people will be coming out with these rules?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see rules for a thunder stock, I may have missed a post but are they still running them? It not, no Prob I'll still be there as a spectator though! Thanks

Several of the rules are posted including the trucks, but I had to wonder after reading them...why didn't they just copy the rules that are already in place? The ones posted have more holes than swiss cheese.

Chase,

Just curious - what are all you truck guys (and SS too for that matter) going to do for rearend ratios since you've all been running 3/8 mile tracks? No trucks have run a 1/2 mile track since the ARTS days, so most teams probably don't have a trans/rearend ratio for SAS. :(

Chase,

Just curious - what are all you truck guys (and SS too for that matter) going to do for rearend ratios since you've all been running 3/8 mile tracks? No trucks have run a 1/2 mile track since the ARTS days, so most teams probably don't have a trans/rearend ratio for SAS. :(

I would imagine there will be some 3.42's needed... Should get ya a 5.19... Or go as far down as a 3.23 which ='s a 4.90...

And they had run at the track after the ARTS days... Just don't think any ran with the current 350 crate & chip rule...

Saw the super stock rules were out for those that would be interested

I for one LUUUUVVV Swiss cheese !!! :rolleyes: LMAO

So what's the question.....Now I'm Hungry....Ham and Swiss on Dark Rye maybe ??? LOL :blink:

Chase,

Good thing is got about 5 months to figure it out.

Hray,

Are yall going to race anything?

I'm building a mod, but can't commit yet. Too many unanswered questions. Don't get me wrong, we loved SAS and I feel all the nostalgic feeling everyone else is feeling. Just being practical. Jason is working 60 - 70 hrs/week, no alcohol (our built motor runs on A so we'd have to run our crate [i've got to look at the rules in more detail]), no purse announced yet and I'm not going to commit to spending a lot of money just to race 1 race.........so, we'll see.

Archived