Safety and Getting out

Braunfels99

It's kinda (just kinda) funny Jim mentioned to me before the races that I took a long time to get out of my car after a win. Well, that's a bit different. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. STUFF HAPPENS......... Practice getting out of your car!!!!!!!!!! I actually practiced after my heat race and had my son time me. Did NOT think I would have to actually do it so quickly for real. My car caught fire also. Fuel line broke when carb ripped off of intake. All kinds of ways a car can catch fire.

Have to say, my brother built a hell of a car, cause it bent where it was supposed to and held where it wasn't supposed to bend.

Thank you to all track officials. Y'all were there very quickly and handled the fire. Sorry to those I was upset with about call/noncall on track, but I won't discuss that here.

Y'all did y'alls job safety wise perfectly and a big thank you for that!

I am sore, but otherwise ok. Very happy me and Howie were alright...

post-3-1334525655.jpg

WOW! I completely agree with you Trey. After looking at Brendas pictures I see a side that I didn't see last night. I'm sure that Sandy will agree that we are thankful that noone was hurt! Looking at these pictures my heart skipped a beat. Howie's car is bad from front to back but fixable, not sure we will make it in 2 weeks but time will tell.

Kim & Howie Marcx

I will agree with trey....i have one of the smallest windows by design and my wife made me practice gettn out of the car....glade u both are ok... it can happen to anyone at any time...hope trey and howie get them back together soon!

I AM GLAD NO ONE WAS HURT ...ONE THING WE ALL NEED TO KNOW LIKE PAUL HAS SAID SO MANY TIMES GETTING OUT IS KEY (THIS IS WHERE FLIPPER COMES IN ) ITS WHEN YOU ARE UPSIDE DOWN OR EVEN UPSIDE DOWN WITH THE DRIVERS WINDOW AGAINST THE WALL NEEDS TO BE AS EASY TO GET OUT AS POSSIBLE :o ONE THING ALWAYS IN MY HEAD STEERING WHEEL FIRST THEN BELTS (CAN YOU GET OUT THE PASSENGER SIDE ????)))))....TREY AND HOWIE I AM SUPER STOKED ALL OK ......LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO SOMETHING .GREG

Thanks for the pics Brenda....You get a real different prospective from those...It hurts just to look at them..man...that was a hard hit

Again, a big thank you to the track guys...

Amen Trey!! From a wife's prospective it was totally different. I had no idea the fire was that big. All I saw was a quick second flame. Thankful to everyone there quickly. Things could've been much worse.

Kim Marcx

Archived