Warrior Fest 2: Tribute to the Troops

drew

Hey everyone... wanted to put the word out early so people have time to react this year.. The Tribute Race will be the 7th of July.. My wife is building the flyer this weekend and we will get it posted as soon as possible.. As always we are looking for Donations to the CFI and sponsorship for our car for this one night.. We will completly redo the car with a brand new body and a tribute wrap that is secret until the unveiling at the Warrior center.. ALL Winnings for us on that night will go to the CFI. Also would like a sponsor for the Tribute challange. I will be dropping my starting position regardless of where I start and drop to the back.. For every car I pass money will be donated to the Warrior Family Support Center...There is alot more to come but this is to get everyone a heads up..Anyone that would like to display thier cars for the troops that week please contact me. If you would like to donate..or sponsor the tribute car we will be accepting monies starting the next race. All checks need to be payable to the Center for the Intrepid Fund or Hesler Motorsports ( for car) All cash will be kept in a donation evelope. Everyone that donates will have thier name on our car prior to that week. Also those who donate by check will recieve a personal letter from the Commanding General of BAMC.. This is for our Wounded Warriors and all troops past, present, and future .. if you need to contact me or my wife..call 210-528-0613 or 210-528-0620..Thanks to everyone who supports the troops and never forget...you sleep at night under the watchful eye of a soldier who volunteered to keep you safe from harm by placing him or herself in harms way....HOOAH...( its an Army thing)

Thanks to Ron and Jeremy... Ron make sure we can get your car out there also.. Turbo I know your car will be there.. Got another call yesterday from Mikey.. Ron, I gave him your number to call you about possible buses for the guys at the VA Hospital... Vic is designing the flyer now to give to hurricane to finish up... Once we lock in the display locations then ill have that info too.. Right now The warrior center for sure and possibly the VA Hospital also.. gonna be busy.....Ron...email us your buisness logo... and to any other buisnesses out there that want to donate or sponsor we will need your logos and monies prior to printing on the wrap.. heslermotorsports@gmail.com... send all logos and info requests there... Thanks again guys!!!!

Keep your eyes peeled for the Tribute to be shown on Royal Purple, Performance Bodies, and Indiana Dirt Sccops websites and facebook pages.. This is a great way to get your buisness out there as a sponsor nation wide. Thanks to these companies who all are donating to the cause!!!!

Andrew, if you have something in writing, or a flier, get it to me and I'll send it out to all my contacts....May want to get it going out about a month from the actual race....

rebelracewriter@hotmail.com

Jarred...Im headed to the back for the challenge too... I am on a mission this year......

Rebal...My wife and our grapfics guy is designing the flyer as we speak and I will get it to you... We are looking for car sponosr and CFI donation sponsors also. Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to Thank Performance Bodies for assisting us again this year with the Tribute Car. There is still space available for anyone wanting to donate to the CFI and/or sponosrship for the car.. You will not want to miss being a part of this years Tribute to the Troops!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Tribute to the Troops: Warrior Fest II

July 4th, Wounded Warrior Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston/ SAMC Binz-Engleman Exit. Tribute to the Troops car will be Displayed. On July 7th, Tribute to the Troops race will be held at I-37 Raceway. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the Center for the Intrepid at Fort Sam Houston

Free Passes will be handed out at the Warrior Center for all. Entry is Free to all Military I.D Card holders free food for all Vets and Families.

The Tribute to the Troops: Race for the Wounded Warriors was originated by Hesler Motorsports in July 2011 as an exhibition event between the drivers at I-37 Raceway/Newsome Motor Park with proceeds, as well as individual donations, going to the Wounded Warrior Project. Also known as “Warrior Fest”, Hesler Motorsports wanted the opportunity to give back to the military community by providing a day of racing entertainment, food and fun, coordinated with I-37 Raceway and Newsome Motor Park to celebrate all veterans, active duty, and their friends and family on a very special Fourth of July weekend.

I-37 South to exit 104 Leal Rd. Lft over overpass then Right on frontage road. Track is on the left gates open at 4pm

For Sponsorship details and or Donation to CFI contact Victoria Hesler at 210-528-0620 or email: heslermotorsports@gmail.com

We have added a 3rd display location.. It will be infront of Lacklands Main BX.. If you can come on base stop by and say hi.. If anyone would like to bring thier car out to the CFI Display please let me know so I can make parking arrangments.. Thanks Drew

We have added a 3rd display location.. It will be infront of Lacklands Main BX.. If you can come on base stop by and say hi.. If anyone would like to bring thier car out to the CFI Display please let me know so I can make parking arrangments.. Thanks Drew

Hey Drew, what's the date for the Lackland showing? I'd like to bring my oldest (3 year old) son out there to see the car. The last time I had him at the track for a play day he didn't take to the noise too well and we ended up sitting in the truck near the turn 1 fence so he could watch. He liked watching, but not from the stands.. He might be a year or two away from actually going to the races....but he loves watching them on TV.

Drew,

We are working on the car to get it finished in time for next race and help you at the car displays. Plus I will throw in my winnings for the night and what ever I can collect for you.

Very cool! Thank you for all the help!! Look forward to seeing ya on the track again!! We are working on parking at the CFI display.. I will be calling them this afternoon to get more details...

Hey Drew, what's the date for the Lackland showing? I'd like to bring my oldest (3 year old) son out there to see the car. The last time I had him at the track for a play day he didn't take to the noise too well and we ended up sitting in the truck near the turn 1 fence so he could watch. He liked watching, but not from the stands.. He might be a year or two away from actually going to the races....but he loves watching them on TV.

July 5th will be the display at lackland.. We plan on being there early and staying late so everyone can get a chance to see it and pick up passes and what have ya.. Cant wait to meet the lil man!!

Really cool news you gave me yesterday..... Can't wait till you can go public with it! B)

Found out today that unfortunatly Senior wont make it due to the short notice. however i am still going to call up there to try and talk him into commin. However, we are still on for the PX july 5th.. Radio show on 28 June. .

Well...... Best laid plans! There is always next year.... I'm excited at the chance to have them possibly looking at being involved. I'll reach out to the guy I mentioned to hit it from both ways......

Good job bro'

Thanks Mark! Every year will get bigger and bigger.. This we promise. Also Want to thank Danielson Motorsports for thier contribution to the Center for the Intrepid...And I speak on behalf of all of my brothers and sisters in arms.. Thank you!

we should figure out how to organize some cars to be sitting on the front straight maybe during the opening ceremonies and have the national anthem and prayers then dp the startup like nascar. then parade at intermission

I have thought about bringing our car out being the tribute car for the national anthem.. we will do an intermission parade to include having a wounded warrior pace truck for all features....Great idea Carson

Archived