Bristol...finally waking up the right person?

Definitive

Bristol is an interesting place for many reasons. Racing I do not believe is the issue there as much as economy right now. Very limited hotels within a 60 ml radius and what there is jacks up the pricing so high and is taken that it does not leave much option other than to camp. For most, that is how they do Bristol...but gas prices are KILLING the "camping race fan"... You see it all over and not just on the NASCAR side of things...hell local guys can't afford to travel to tracks in state right now because of gas prices.

Last of all...this is the SPRING race at Bristol. The night race is the better of the two. But tracks also are cutting back on paid promotion of races. Very few do it like Eddie Gossage of Texas...and that is why few see the results and respect that Eddie does.

For all those who mention fan attendance, fact is ratings have been on the rise for most races in NASCAR and IRL...reason, people can't afford to go to races so they watch on TV.

I have been to Bristol. Racing is exciting there no matter what is out there. But it is expensive and your options are limited and I think that has played the largest role in the decline there...the economy has hit that area VERY hard from what the locals say, and the decline in business isnt just a racing issue there, but an everyday issue

Archived