All involved rule revisited

turn4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***NON Official Aaron talking***

Ok.. i think the last week and this week are different.. not a lot but a little... Simple facts

Green Flag vs. Yellow flag

Moving intended vic vs. Sitting still vic

Officials in safe place vs. Officials in the line of "Fire"

Those things said... is all.. just keep them in mind..

Obviously, The so called "Competition Director" at THR is listening and not the two owners. Nick's version of the "All Involved Rule" has been a tremendous source of frustration since since he and the the rule were introduced at THR. It appears the owners must be concerned about something other than competitive, side-by-side racing. We all know they have business concerns as well. Surely, Fan Count and Car Count are among them. However, when the Grand Stocks put on a better show than the Late Models, it is time to wake up and ask: Are we getting what we should out of our drivers and officials? The track has every right to expect good driving and eqully good sportsmanship from the dirvers and crew. They have the right to expect cars to be in good shape, presentable, and safe to drive. They also have the responsibility to provide a safe environment for the racers, crew, and fans. Officiating is not a perfect science. People are only human. If the fans and the drivers cannot expect officials to be officials and make the calls, then why don't we just call it "Wrecking" instead of racing and get the officials off the race track and out of harm's way. Herin ly the reasons why the #40 Late Model is not racing a THR.

You people are idiots...... If the drivers actually followed the rule there would be alot of good side by side racing but no when they screw up and get sent to the back they or their family members get on here and complain. Yall sound like abunch of babies. I mean the only reason yall want judgement calls is cause sometimes the officals screw up and you or your driver gets away with it. Maybe if some of the drivers pulled their heads outta their A$$ they wouldnt wreck eachother and get sent to the back. And dont tell me it cant be done IVE WATCHED drivers run side by side for laps and never hardly touch. Nick has stated that certain cars invovled will be allowed back to their poisitions if they had nothing to do with the caution. But your gunna have rubbing in racing but if you cant do it in the proper way so you dont spin people then park your car and quit complaining on here. Just my Opinion.

little banker -after the 1st race this year you had 10 posts in one thread which YOU started...pissed off because your dad was a victim of the all involved rule..funny you were the 1st one bitching, but now we are babies...

this issue is about the rule, not T....so if you wanna bash,take it to another thread...

2nd-this issue is not about bashing nick,he's doing a job...i don't like the rule-but you can't hammer a guy on all aspects of what he does because of one flaw...

IT'S ABOUT THE RULE!!!!!! not about your personal dislikes for other people....

Marivn:

From ROMCO race rules.

Any cars involved in a yellow will go to the end of the restart line.

In the event the leader is spun by the second place car and in the FLAGMANS OPINION (not the "Competition Director") the leader was not excessively blocking, brake checking or attempting any other driving that impeded the second place driver s chance at completing a clean pass the leader will resume his first place position if a yellow occurs. The second place car will go to the end of the restart line. If a yellow does not occur the second place car will be black-flagged.

Its kinda funny how some people just automatically agree to what other people are saying...when 2 nites before they wanted to beat that persons a$$!!?????

My money is going to SAS this weekend...

The all involved as written is not fair to a driver who did nothing wrong, his crew that worked nights on the car all week, families that sacrifice their time and money and do without just to go racing, sponsors, and the fans who paid to watch. What a rip-off. Everyone gets cheated.

Whoever said the LM05 spun out on his own made a judgement call. There will always be judgement calls no matter what.

THR is great, the people are great, the rule is bad. Not bashing any of the awesome people who help us race. It seems most of us have more confidence in their ability to call a race than they do. If we have this crappy rule because we can't afford to officiate like a real race series would, well then let's understand and accept it. Here's what we got right now: Real Racing with Rec league officiating rules.

Shawn,

Im not talking about what happened with 37 and 58. Im talkin about the rule in general. Yea I did complain about it at first but now that its grown on me I like it. As I said its my opinion if you dont like it, oh well.

Nick is only tryin' to do his job. He doesn't want to have to make a judgement call because he might make someone think that he is showing favoritizm.

I myself like some but not all.

Example, when a driver is minding his own business and someone gets into someone else and even tells the official that the other car didn't do anything, he as well, the one minding his own business, has to go to the back. If thats the case you can hate another driver that might be first in points and take them out. Just like the 8 car tried to do to my bro. If it hadn't been the yellow AND HE COULD CATCH HIM, :D he realy could have done some damage, Not only to the car, driver and Nick but the points as well.

Another ex. Whats to say that when a driver says to another "I am going to take you out by the end of this season. if its the last thing I do," or something like that, With this rule a driver that has like no points can constantly take out the lead cars and nothing will happen to him.

That is the only part, SO FAR, that I don't like about the rule.

Its rather earily in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee yet so if you don't understand what i am tryin' to say then it's prob. not you.

ALL IN ALL I LIKE MOST OF THE DRIVERS, AND THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW!!!

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK. AND NICK I HOPE I DIDN'T BASH ANYONE :D

On the outside looking in. I think that on the surface the all involved rule is ok. But the things that need to be tweaked are:

1. All involved should only refer to initial contact. Not just first two or all those collected. If they go three-wide into a two-wide corner, well all three go to back.

2.Rather than try to decide if the leader was taken out on purpose or not and try to use that as a basis for giving him his position back, just make the call based on unnecessary roughness. Sure its a judgement call and just like in football one official's unnecessary roughness is another one's "hard hit". But they still make the call and sometimes people get pissed. So what.

3.Now as to whether you have real racing and rec league officials or not. Maybe so maybe no. But The last time I checked in Busch or Nextel, They didn't check whether something was intentional or fair, If you are leading and the second place guy takes you out and a yellow results, you go where you go. Nobody gives you your position back. Local racing requires some different rules than NASCAR, obviously. But everybody needs to realize that with few exceptions, 2 things are true any time you strap a helmet on at this level- It is real racing, and its raced by rec-racers. So you're going to have real officials making some rec-league

calls. Now don't go off half-cocked and get offended because I called everybody rec-racers, al I'm saying is if you are not racing for a living or in the process of trying to work yourself to that position, then you are a rec racer. It doesn't matter how much time or money you spend on it. You're doing it for recreation.

Matt,

All the posts on here are opinions. So, in your own words if you don't like them, oh well.

Good luck this week.

Crystal Lehman

WOOO HOOO im gettin on this train . My opinion is this if a car is running a high line and comes down in the corners , you should anticipate this and dont stick it in there and spin him, if you do ,back you go. If you bump some one in the rear and you spin, to the back you go and not the other car. This particular thing has happened to me twice this year and yeah it sucks cause i did nothing wrong so my sponsors and i get punnished. If 2 cars get into each other and the 3rd car is totally inocent why should he be punnished for their mistakes? I like the old if you dont have your bumper at their door you do not have the line and should back off. Also who ever causes the caution goes to the back weather it 2 cars driving rough or one who spins another out. Thr is a small track and its not that difficult to pay attn, hell the fans see it the other racers see it from the stands and the cars. Its time to be firm and consistant and use simple judjement calls and not the punnisher rule. I hope we dont have to go thru this bs again next season ,It just aint fun . :(

Archived