2012 Special Events at Texana

TRP

While Texana Raceway Park will not be conduting a regular points racing season, it has decided to host a few special events already committed to. The raceway will host the ASCS Sprint Cars on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, the scheduled Street Stock Shootout event, and the annual Aaron Hudgeons Memorial race on a date to be determined.

Track owner Bruce Tesch stated "As announced, we won't have a regular race season due to time constraints, but after much input, we feel it is important to host a few special events. We are the farthest track south hosting the sprint cars and the fans in our area have come to expect them each year. They require a hefty financial commitment, but everyone in the area now expects to see them each year. Secondly, I made a commitment to Monty Chamberlain and Stephan Danielsen to host the shootout race and that needs to be honored. Finally, Aaron Hudgeons was a personal friend of mine, as Kurt and Sandy continue to be. The memorial race is a personal item for me and we will honor our commitment to have that event. I have talked with Kurt and Sandy and they are very pleased with this decision

There may be at least one other special event which will be announced later. Each event will be noteworthy and worth the time of the competitors. Tesch will study other track schedules and determine an opportunity to host the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race that will not present conflicts with tracks in the the region. As Aaron had many friends who want to run that event, it could possibly fall outside of the traditiona lpoints season and be a special Fall event. More to come on that. The Memorial weekend Sunday event will utilize the street stock shootout concept allowing the same rules as the shootout series allows on the street stocks.

Archived