2012 Announcement

TRP

The following message is from Texana Raceway Park owner, Bruce Tesch:

It is with mixed emotions that we announce that Texana Raceway Park will not be opening for the 2012 season. The track is for lease or sale and the 2012 schedule will remain posted on TRP website in hopes that someone will be interested in picking up and running the operations under a lease or sale.

This decision was not made lightly. Our other business interests have become too demanding at present, and this includes the time involved for many of the staff who work with us Monday thru Friday and also work for us at the track. After much consideration, we do not feel it is in the best interest of anyone (racers, fans or us) to start the season without being able to properly dedicate the time necessary to provide quality shows. We simply are too busy with our other business interests to dedicate the time to track prep and all of the other behind the scenes work necessary to put on races.

TRP had a great 2011 season. There are not issues family-wise and TRP has been a profitable business, including a great 2011 season. But, it does take time and one must be able to dedicate the necessary time to put on shows.

We have made tremendous friendships since 2005 by operating TRP, and those friendships will last a lifetime. We were able to bring a huge three day USMTS show to the track, several ASCS Gulf South Region Sprint Car shows, the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Races, and the South Texas Street Stock Shootout Series, along with other exciting shows over the past seven seasons.

We have also had a dedicated and top-notch staff, of which most have been with us since we took the track over in 2005. We can never say thank you enough to the dedicated staff, dedicated racers and fans we've come to know at TRP.

While we are not going to operate the track ourself in 2012, it is for lease or sale. Everything anyone would need is there. All equipment, including grader, water truck, tow trucks, transponder system, PA system, state of the art concessions, etc., are in place and ready to go. The only thing someone would need to do is stock the concessions and prep the track. If anyone is seriously interested in leasing or purchasing Texana Raceway Park, call me (Bruce Tesch) at 979-758-4440 to set up an in person meeting. We will not discuss sale or lease specifics on the web.

Again, this decision does not come lightly. It is simply a business decision due to the fact that our other business interests are at a point where we cannot dedicate the time neccessary to operate the track this season. And, thank you again to everyone (racers, fans and staff) for making TRP shine for the last seven years.

well here we go , somebody needs to open it up so theres somethin to do in this town lol oh well thanks for all the good years bruce " very nice track and always fun to race there with a good bunch of guys AND Great PAY !! GOOD LUCK and hopefully somebody jumps on this QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! GW 147

any arrangements on aaron hudgeons memorial race will need to be approved by kurt hudgeons we are glad to see interest on keeping race going in future and the scholorships will still be available thanks

Yes I will be contacting Kurt and Sandra about it too. I would like to see it continue as well, and I think it would be a wonderful place to hold it with everyones' blessing, since Aaron turned many a lap at that track.

Bruce made alot of changes at the track, made it better than it had been in a long time. We all enjoyed many nights of racing there and watched it progress. Now the oilfield is booming which is a primary business, and there is alot of money to be made. The oilfield is 7 days a week, on call 24 hr a day, rain or shine. I understand 100 % why Bruce has to do what he has to do. I personally seen Bruce workin out in the rain with his crew friday.I respect you Bruce for gettin out there with your help, it was a hard, dirty frustrating job friday, my hats off to you Bruce. But it is hard to work 2 jobs the track, and B D, And B and D has several jobs at many locations. So Bruce go get all youcan while the getting is good....Thanks for all you did , we will still see you around....

What a surprise we had this week with the announcement that TRP, under Bruce's direction, would not run the 2012 season. We know what a difficult decision this had to be but are glad to know business is good and the economy and jobs in Texas are improving. SOS has been asked about Hot Stock Trucks and would like to offer a once a month race. We would announce a purse for this class after we see if all Hot Stock Drivers are interested. If you have questions call one of the Stacy's. To all the racers and fans we would like to let you know we will welcome you at SOS. Thank you to everyone who is supporting and promoting our effort at SOS

I-37 Raceway is sorry to hear of the closing of Texana Raceway but very much knows the time, energy, money and heart that goes into running a racetrack and respects someone who must make that decision. After visiting Texana Raceway for the Street Stock Shoot Out this past summer it was obvious all of the above are part of the Texana Racing Family. We wish the best for both Texana Raceway as well as the Tesch family and their employees.

I-37 would also like to invite any of the Texana racers and fans to visit or race at I-37 Raceway. We will be having a test and tune on March 10 and opening night on March 17. We would be happy to have you race with us. Opening night is a non-sanctioned race with relaxed rules for sport mods and modifieds. No registration will be required from visiting racers. We will be willing to work with you on rules if your car varies from ours. Any driver that has a motor that is somewhat different than standard, please call us and we’ll see what can be done. We would enjoy your participation.

If anyone has questions about any details, please call Jim at 210-478-0111.

I-37 Raceway is sorry to hear of the closing of Texana Raceway but very much knows the time, energy, money and heart that goes into running a racetrack and respects someone who must make that decision. After visiting Texana Raceway for the Street Stock Shoot Out this past summer it was obvious all of the above are part of the Texana Racing Family. We wish the best for both Texana Raceway as well as the Tesch family and their employees.

I-37 would also like to invite any of the Texana racers and fans to visit or race at I-37 Raceway. We will be having a test and tune on March 10 and opening night on March 17. We would be happy to have you race with us. Opening night is a non-sanctioned race with relaxed rules for sport mods and modifieds. No registration will be required from visiting racers. We will be willing to work with you on rules if your car varies from ours. Any driver that has a motor that is somewhat different than standard, please call us and we’ll see what can be done. We would enjoy your participation.

If anyone has questions about any details, please call Jim at 210-478-0111.

May have to come opening night

Archived