what is it

HiTech

The right foot is a big part of mileage, as is your choice of "accessories".. Like those 33" Monster Mudders? Be prepared to give up 2 - 3 MPG (assuming odometer corrected) due to rolling resistance. Big pipe bumper, headache rack, toolbox full of cr@p, etc - there is another 1-2 MPG especially in town when you are using energy to accelerate that extra mass.

Now look at what you pay to try to get that back. Sure you can do some tuning tweaks to get the efficiency up some, mostly a useless exercise on a gas motor but worth some investigation on a diesel. For argument, assume in stock form you get 15 MPG average (about what my 96 F250 does). I can get a tuner or a chip, some exhaust work, etc. and optimistically expect to bump that to ~18 (17% increase). I drive about 13000 miles a year. For me that equates to ~$550/yr. savings. If I spent $1000 to get that increase, my ROI is about 2 years at $3.90/gl. but my fuel cost is still $2800/yr.

My alternate solution: VW Jetta TDI. Initial cost $3500, average fuel mileage 43 MPG, fuel savings per yr, ~$2150. ROI 1.5 yrs..

As for the "conspiracy", we can always return to this; post-449-1330098431.jpg

so tell me why so many people are getting bad gas mileage ...too many folks complaining ....and both my jeep and my wifes car have gone to pot on mileage ,,,,both have had tune ups ..and both of us drive our cars the same as always ...like i said something is very sneaky here ..this isnt something i thought up out of the wind .i have been watching this for some time now .i drive very short trips .usually can go three to four weeks on a tank .now lucky to get two .lucky...ive checked my wifes car out top to bottom .and found nothing wrong .28 down to 19..

A big reason your fuel mileage has changed is the 10 % ethanol in the gasoline. It's 10% if your lucky, some fuel that I know of has been tested as high as 20%. I understand there are 2 stations in corpus that do not have ethanol in there fuel, I can't remember which stations they are right now though.

Energy equivalent of ethanol VS gasoline is ~66% meaning in a straight comparison (assuming a fully flex fuel capable vehicle) you would see a 33% reduction in average fuel mileage by using 100% ethanol in place of 100% gasoline. Using HiTech's numbers, he is claiming a reduction of over 32%. Assuming this is due to ethanol content, the data suggests he is using E85 (or E100), not gasoline. Texas law requires labeling any gasoline with over 1.5% Ethanol but supposedly caps the concentration at 10% (hence the "may contain up to 10% ethanol" label). With the price of ethanol and tax incentives, there is a direct economic benefit to the producer to add the full 10%. There is also an economic incentive to "overblend" and most vehicles will tolerate the higher blend up to 20% within the range of the fuel injection electronics. There is a report from the EPA that estimates the impact on fuel economy at ~4% reduction for E10 and 8% for E20. Again using HiTech's numbers that would equate to 27 MPG for E10, 26 MPG for E20 (assuming 28 MPG baseline).

pure-gas.org lists three station is Corpus that reportedly are not labeled for ethanol content. I would not take that as a guarantee that it is :)

...pure-gas.org lists three station is Corpus that reportedly are not labeled for ethanol content. I would not take that as a guarantee that it is :)

my son works at one of those places ..that sell that gas ....i know a few who buy there and love the mileage they should be getting .....i am going to buy there when i run this tank out .then we will see whats up ..

...I understand there are 2 stations in corpus that do not have ethanol in there fuel, I can't remember which stations they are right now though.

ill give you SOME HINT'S .. bruce ..SOLD AT A .....BAR.B .Q. PLACE ........LOWE'S ....AIRLINE ...... SPID ............

Why the hints, Why not come out and tell everyone where they can buy the good gas if you know?

Obama said, when he waw running for President, he would make sure gas prices would go up so he could get his Green Agenda on track. He wants gas at $6.00 per gallon.

If we want to be able to afford to drive in the future, we had better vote for Gingrich in November.

Why the hints, Why not come out and tell everyone where they can buy the good gas if you know?

Obama said, when he waw running for President, he would make sure gas prices would go up so he could get his Green Agenda on track. He wants gas at $6.00 per gallon.

If we want to be able to afford to drive in the future, we had better vote for Gingrich in November.

...what the heck i already mentioned lowes ........rudy's

Archived