Eddie Biershwalle

Jason

I found a couple of old pics of Eddie , I guess maybe '84-'85

where he had gone out of the ballpark @ SAS and landed on

a little car in the parking lot @ turn 4 . He did have some very

good success in SA , he also won one of the ARCA/WINSTON WEST

races in the early 90's @ TWS.

Rodney

Eddie and his Dad, Don Bierschwale who was the driving force behind the building of Highway 16 Raceway (now SAS), went NASCAR Winston Cup racing in 1985. Don was the team owner. They finished 24th in points with 26 starts in '85.

In 1986 finished 25th in points with 24 starts.

In 1987 finished 34th in points with 14 starts.

In 1988 was again 34th in points, but this time with 20 starts.

In 1989 was 36th in points with 16 starts. Perhaps the highlight of his Winston Cup career was his 10th place finish at 1989 Daytona 500, right behind Terry Labonte who finished 9th.

Eddie didn't go Cup racing in 1990, but in 1991 he competed in five WC races, four of them for his father and one for Sadler Brothers Racing. He finished an impressive 12th in the Daytona 500. Wound up 42nd in points.

In 1992 he was 47th in points with four starts.

He also ran some ARCA events and won the ARCA event at Texas World Speedway, although I can't recall what year that was.

I might also mention that Eddie went to my suspension engineering seminar one year.

His wife, Denise, was the PR person for Texas World Speedway for at least one season, maybe two in the early 1990's.

Eddie was born 6-29-59, making him 43 years old. I remember him as a teenager running Limited Late Models at Highway 16 with Robin McCall and Terry Edwards. He was a nice guy then, and he's a nice guy now.

Nick Holt

Archived