tams @ sas

ups88john

was a crazy nite with at least 2 blown motors, and a ton of dry sweep. beddoe set fast time and looked to be the car to beat till the motor let go and swenson spun in the oil. the 37 of don banker also lost a motor and 2 others were caught up in the oil. dont know if results are official yet, but as of 2:39 am, it is 71, 75, 23, and 22 took fourth. swenson came back to finish 4th but was dq'ed i believe for being 3lbs under weight. feels good to get a top five finally.

big john

Guest NO35KRACING

The 48 car was not just 3lbs. it was 50lbs light at first. Then they let him put his bumper, radios, and all the sheet metal that they could find back on the car. The car still came up 10lbs light. I think that the TAMS officals were more than fair with the 48 car.

Umschied,

I say that cause it would cost more to fix it than the car is worth. It would need a whole new rear clip, fuel cell, and many many other things.The front of the car took quite a bit of damage too. Heck even his seat is messed up. It also would need a new motor. We have another car to go race anyways.

TAMS37 is the car really that bad? if so and you want to sell it let me know, i saw the wreck and i know your dad, raced in tams last year with him. it is a nice car. i would be interested in it.

As far as the #48 thing, that car is very very consistant. he has been 45-50 lbs overweight at the end of every race. The car was missing the complete nose section, sure the bumper was thrown on the hood, but all the sheet metal for the nose and whatever else came off the rear when it smacked the wall was never returned to the car for the final weight, I think the TAMS guys were fair but it was a bad deal for Swenson, that knocked him out of the points race for sure. I heard it was 3lbs under weight, i am sure that the nose section alone could have made 3 lbs.

Guest NO35KRACING

not 3lbs!!!!!!! they put everything but the kitchen sink on it!!!! the 48 is a fast car but i think they missed added on fuel for the race!! but i will say the 18 and the 48 were bad fast all night!!!!!!

YEAH BUT 3 LBS. TODAY AND THEN THE NEXT TIME A DRIVER IS IN THE SAME BOAT WITH 5 LBS LIGHT YOU HAVE TO LET THEM ALSO GO......WHERE DO THEY DRAW THE LINE...SURE 5-10 LBS MAY NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BUT RULES ARE WHAT THEY ARE.....GOOD CALL ON THEIR PART, AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO STICK TO THEIR GUNS ON THE RULES, IF ONLY ALL THE OFFICIALS COULD BE THAT WAY............IT SUCKS TO BE ON THE WRONG END OF THE CALL BUT NEXT TIME IT MAY BE SOMEONE ELSE............JMO

I agree with Wayne's call to stick to the rules, Great call, but in all fairness to Chris Swenson, i think he should have been allowed to throw all the scraps back on the car for weight purposes.

I will say it is great to see the officials & tech stick to the rules, bend them once you better bend them again. I say the TAMS officials did the right thing, again i just wish Chris could have found the nose section and what ever else came off the car when he hit the wall, he drove his ass off to get back up front after the incident, i think he deserved it.

I think 3 pounds got blown out of proportion I heard they were between 10 to 12 pounds underweight after everything was added, even it was 3 lbs. They were still underweight and should've got DQ'd.

OK, OK, enough conjecture already! I was there, and asked Wayne, the number he gave me was 15 pounds light, even with ALL the pieces added on that were knocked or cut off. I like Chris, he's a nice guy and wouldn't be light intentionally. But it was the rule.

My best guess is all this was due to an excess of burned off fuel, from all the caution laps, stoppages, etc. I heard another driver, that runs on alcohol, say that he was nearly out too. It may have even been the cause of Beddoe's motor blowing(Don't know what he runs). If you get an air gap going through the banking, then load it up on the straight, it's going to detonate!

The drivers on pump gas, like Joey Heinaman, did not have the same issues. In hindsight, which is always 20/20, I'm sure Chris's crew would have checked it during the time they were taking parts off the car, and added a few gallons just to be sure.

Archived