Racing Community Wildfire Relief

agb22759

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racing-Commu...223922957656519

Team Teague Racing, Jake Wright Motorsports and Nick Cole Racing have started a relief fund for the racing community affected by the wildfires. Donations of household items, non-perishable food, linens etc. will be accepted. Please bring your donations to the races on Saturday September 10th. Bins will be stationed at the entrances of Thunderhill Raceway and the Team Teague Racing Pits.

Team Teague will donate their winnings on Saturday September 10th and challenge all racers and teams to do the same.

Monetary Donations will be accepted beginning Tuesday September 6th. An account will be set up and information as to where deposits should be made will be posted Tuesday.

If you have any questions, please contact Felicia Teague at (512) 402-4697 or Lori Fitch at (512) 745-3770.

Thoughts and prayers for all affected by this terrible fire.

God Bless!

Remember that people have lost everything. Toiltries and new socks and underwear are in great need. Many members of the racing community have been affected by this tragedy both directly and indirectly. Lets all step it up and come together as we usually do to help those in need. Hope to see a great turnout on Saturday. Members of Team Teague Racing will be walking around the grandstands at Thunderhill Raceway with a helmet for any monetary donations. Please get the word out to any fans that may not have access to our facebook page or speedzone.

I was at work reading this when a co worker told me that her church wanted to help out as much as possible and wanted to donate items. I am sending them the Kruger familys clothes sizes and told them other essentials family's could be needing. Lori or Lisha, I will contact you guys about this.

-Renae Farr

For those wanting to make a monetary donation, a bank account has been set up at United Heritage Credit Union. The account # is 304898 and checks should be made out to Central Tx Racing Wildfire Relief. You can get on the website at UHCU.org to find the locations nearest you or they have shared banking. At the bottom of the locations section there is a link to CU services and you can list of other credit unions where you can make a deposit using the above account # and it will be deposited into the relief fund. We very much appreciate any help. Also, For anyone up north (Cedar Park) that can't make it down south and would like to drop off donations you may do so at the home of Jake Wright Motorsports at 2015 Marysol Trl - Cedar Park -- Please call Mary at 512-905-4122. Again. Thank you for the donations that we have already received and we look forward to a great turnout Saturday.

For those of you in or near South Austin, Community Renaissance Market is accepting donations all week that will be taken to the track on Saturday night. CRM is located at 6800 West Gate Blvd., at the corner of Wm. Cannon & West Gate. If you have large items and/or limited trailer space, we'll help get your donations to the track.

CRM is a community of over 20 small busineses, and we're a proud sponsor of Team Teague Racing. Many of our business owners are having Fire Relief events this weekend, so stop by and show some support! For information, conact Susan @ 512-522-6161.

Thanks all!

racingra,

Here are the shoe sizes that you had requested:

Nikki: sizes 8.5-9.5 in tennis shoes/boots and sizes 8-9 in flip flops

Deb: sizes 6-7 in flip flops and sizes 6.5-7 in tennis shoes

Bill: sizes 9.5-10 in tennis shoes

Jake: sizes 11.5-12 in tennis shoes/boots

I know the Kruger family will truly appreciate the generosity by your church members.

Thanks so much, Renae, for getting the word out to your church. It's amazing to hear about all of the generosity being shown, even though they might not know the families affected. Bless you and the congregation at your church.

Just saw a report on tv here in Corpus a supplies drive started a little over an hour ago and one HEB truck has already been filled! A few other business' around town are filling trucks fast as well. Texans and Texas companies tend to take care of fellow Texans when there is a need.Take comfort that you are not alone.God bless all of you !

A church here donated all of the offerings collected at their "First Wednesday" service last night to the Red Cross to be sent to the Cen Tex region for the fires. I was in class so didn't see the turnout, but it was originally highlighted as a live recording for the house band's upcoming album and this church is known for making substancial contributions so hopefully the Red Cross is serving you guys well up there. We're thinking of you guys down in CC.

Just wanted to say that we had an amazing outporuing of support, however we just got a little bad news. The distribution center is not going to be accepting items after Tuesday which means we are going to be unable to hold on to the items and they will need to be delivered asap. We really intended to have the racing families go through the items before they were delivered, however it looks like that will not be able to happen. They can take advantage of the Distribution Center at 210 Main Street in Smithville.

We would very much like to thank all those that donated. A huge thank you to Joe Aramendia and Aramendia motorsoports for donating their winnings to help the cause. It was huge and is greatly appreciated. Again thank you for all your donations both monetary and in kind items. We had a great turnout and it was amazing to see the outpouring of support. The racing community comes through again. AWESOME JOB!!!

If you are a racer that has been affected please message Deb Williams and let her know your address and or phone number where you can be reached.

Thank you again to everyone who donated and all those that helped out. Thank you to Thunderhill Raceway for allowing us to take up pit space to accept donations. And thanks to Nick Cole Racing and Jake Wright Motorsports for teaming up with on the endeavor.

Team Teague Racing

post-6227-1315769272.jpg

post-6227-1315769291.jpg

post-6227-1315769314.jpg

post-6227-1315769384.jpg

post-6227-1315769411.jpg

post-6227-1315769543.jpg

post-6227-1315769569.jpg

post-6227-1315769602.jpg

I will try to contact the ones I know had family that were affected by the wildfires - Ryan Kelsey, Richard Clickner and Eric Robbins. If anyone else from the racing community had family that lost their homes, please contact me ASAP at 210-685-0400 or debbie@thunderhillraceway.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived