Mini Stock Enduro Race

abrungot

Gator had two open comp races a couple of years back.Ministocks from several states,several state championship cars.Paid 5,000 to win,$500 to start.Took 20 from 60 entries.

Heart of Texas runs ministocks every year at the end of year big race Pays 1000 to win for minnies..

Noisy V8 cars following each other around bumper to bumper is boaring to me.Guess its a matter of opinion.4 cyl racers seem to get thrown under the bus a lot by noisy car drivers.Fans appreciate effort no matter what type of racer it is.

I-37 HAD ONE LAST YEAR IT WAS PRETTY COOL BUT AFTER A WHILE IT GOT ALITTLE BORING THEN SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN AND THE CROWED WOULD GO WILD. BUT WHAT THEY WOULD DO I BELIEVE WAS IF THE CAR DIED IT STAYED WHERE IT WAS AND U RACED AROUND THEM.HELL I CANT REMEMBER MAYBE GET WITH THEM AND ASK HOW THEY DID EVERYTHING. IT SEEM LIKE HTEIR WAS A LOT OF CARS THERE. AND FOR A GOOD COUNT I BET YOU WOULD HAVEA GREAT SHOW. JUST SAYING!

:ph34r:

Well that is a start, but needs to be better

to attract cars. If a license is required

depending on where and when it would be ran

would deal a blow to the deal also. There are several

of this class running just need to get the word

out with a good purse especially with gas prices.

Not for these cars but the hauler to bring the car.

Well personally i was looking at the Crash fest, which is on a Sunday.

Thinking one of 2 ways,

Enduro style...

Or Heats/Qualifiers/Bmain/Amain Style...

As for the purse, i am sure with Sponsorships it would be well worth the effort and Trip on a Sunday...

Ok... lets try this a different way, since plenty of readers, but nobody wants to speak...

Would this be worth building a car?

MINI STOCKS ARE BORING ENOUGH, DON'T DO IT!!!

dont watch.. ive seen smaller local cars put on a better race than the larger car have put on ..two three wide lap after lap ...if that dont get you excited .then your not much of a race fan ...i am a race fan period ..if they put on a show .i want to watch ...small ..compact or full size ..dont make me any differents .......

We had 14 Mini Stocks for our July 16 race at THR. If you'll watch the following video of that race (link sent to me courtesy of Jeremi Rahn), I don't think you'll see "boring." The race was sometimes three-wide or four-wide. It made me want to race a Mini Stock!

On a side note, Rodney Rodriguez does a heck of job announcing this race!

Its the host track that makes or breaks any class of cars or bikes and you guys are doing a great job.Anyone that thinks it takes no skill to drive a ministock fast has not done it.Without the horsepower its like the Nationwide series where you have to drive in deep and keep the momentum up.Driver control and suspension are the key.Being your minnies are stock they can run lots of laos without stopping just like a street car.The numbers is the key and hard to draw from being every track has 4 cyls a little different.Thats why most big shows are outlaw,then everyones legal.Not always the best choice.It takes time to build and create a foundation.The modifieds at RGS started the Nationals with 17 cars in 1991.By 2002 there were more than 150 entries.And had been so for several years.Common rules thanks to IMCA.

250 laps. For an Enduro I would like to see the Grand Stock type of race cars. I remember Joe Horne would do these in SA a few years back and start about 35-40. I ran one in SA circa 1986 and we had about 35 cars.

Austin did one that Bo Rawden came in and won and there was about 25 on the 1/4 mile.

Mini is the class to do it with now, plenty of them for sure..

Archived