Australian V8 Supercars Coming to Austin?

AMRacer89

And now it's apparently official. From the COTA Facebook page:

V8 Supercars is coming to Austin! Circuit of The Americas, Texas Governor Rick Perry and the Premier of Queensland, Australia Anna Bligh, announced a five-year agreement to bring the famous Australian V8 Supercar series to the new Circuit of The Americas in 2013.

Only thing better would be if IndyCar, Grand-Am, NASCAR, and/or ALMS jump on board as well. :D

Holden the name for G.M. in Australia. Holden controls all GM operations there, and several of the cars are common to the United States, with certain changes like right hand drive.

The Pontiac G8 Sedan that was so quick for the three years they offered it here before Pontiac's demise was the same basic car as the Holden Commodore.

The Holden Monaro was (line discontinued in 09 I think) the aussie equivalent of our camaro (as far as popularity) and is the base for the 04-06 Pontiac GTO - my wife's GTO has Holden parts in it that I ordered from a Holden dealer in Sydney (electric lock button and Bluetooth connect button and harness for center console as well as HD poly bushings for rear susp carrier), The Holden Ute was supposed to have come over as a re-intro of the El Camino but that fell thru.

the AU power plant for the Commodore and Monaro is 348 CI and nets 350, 385 or 415 HP on 87 octane depending on app and trim.

Archived