Naskart Firecracker 150, $5,000 to win

Big G Smith

How many teams have qualified so far? I am still trying to find 2 more team members.

If anyone is interested, they can pm me.

MY SON HUNTER MONTGOMERY CAME OUT OF QUARTERMIDGETS AND HAS RACED MINI SPRINTS AND IS NOW RACING THE A THUNDERSTOCK AT THR. HE HAD SAID SOMETHING ABOUT WANTING TO DO THIS.BUT SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THEY HAD TO BE 18 AND HES 16 IS THAT TRUE?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many teams have qualified so far? I am still trying to find 2 more team members.

If anyone is interested, they can pm me.

MY SON HUNTER MONTGOMERY CAME OUT OF QUARTERMIDGETS AND HAS RACED MINI SPRINTS AND IS NOW RACING THE A THUNDERSTOCK AT THR. HE HAD SAID SOMETHING ABOUT WANTING TO DO THIS.BUT SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THEY HAD TO BE 18 AND HES 16 IS THAT TRUE?

Im not sure about that..I think that over 18 rule was changed for this race. My team went out and qualified yesterday.

Here is a carrot for you guys. Some of the employees ran 19.6s last night. The track is fast and the karts are running good. We have several teams scheduled to qualify this weekend so hurry up and get out here. And no, I didn't modify the karts for that run. All out speed is not going to win this race. This race is about stategy and teamwork so everyone needs to get out here and try it.

Hunter can qualify for this race since he races a Thunder Stock. It is going to be a lot of fun and whoever wins will get a nice pay day.

Depending on how this race unfolds, we may start doing a race like this on every Saturday Mary Ann does not have her NASCAR race.

Smitty

Hey Smitty, is it tomorrow yet? Lol.

You are to young to remember the song tomorrow never comes by I can't remember who.

To keep track of standings go to www.naskarts.com and click on Firecracker150 then click on standings.

I think the fastest teams will be qualifing tonight and through Sunday. I spoke to Jason Marshal and he is bring 7 guys out tonight to qualify. He will pick his 5 quickest for his tean. We also have some teams coming from Houston on Sunday. They are racing at HMP Saturday and then coming in on Sunday.

Stay tuned

As I mentioned in this thread, we have some heavy hitters coming in this weekend to qualify

Jason Marshal and his team came out last night and took over the top spot.

with a 20.012. Team Ball's Out is now TQ

The Houston guys called last night to cinfirm they would be out Sunday.

I'm just hoping our 5th place time will be enough to make the show. I guess its not too bad of a time for having 4 people that have never been inside a real go-kart or race car before. We were just got too spread out to nail a good draft lap.

Hunter can qualify for this race since he races a Thunder Stock. It is going to be a lot of fun and whoever wins will get a nice pay day.

Depending on how this race unfolds, we may start doing a race like this on every Saturday Mary Ann does not have her NASCAR race.

Smitty

WELL IF ANYONE NEEDS ANOTHER DRIVER FOR THEIR TEAM LET ME KNOW HUNTER WOULD LOVE TO DO IT.

Smitty

WELL IF ANYONE NEEDS ANOTHER DRIVER FOR THEIR TEAM LET ME KNOW HUNTER WOULD LOVE TO DO IT.

It looks like team B.P.& J. may need another driver

I am not sure how to get ahold of them

Try calling Charity at the track. She may have a number for them

512-828-6478

We have a new pole contender for the Firecracker 150 Endurance Race. As of today, Team Boats 'n Hoes is in 1st with a 19.802 qualifying time. Please remember that your last chance to qualify will be tomorrow, Monday, from 5-9. If you would like to see where your team stands now please check out Team Standings. As the day goes by and more people qualify I will be updating the page so stay tuned.

If you would like to make a reservation to come out and re-qualify or even to qualify please contact Charity at 512-828-6478

This is the current standings as of today:

Team Standings

1. Team Kart Runco - Time 19.676

Lauren Runco

Pete Runco

Cole Runco

Allen Sampson

Cody Kelly

2. Team Boats 'N Hoes - Time 19.803

Jason Boyd

Mason Mitchell

J.T. Schild

David Webster

Ian Webster

3. Team Los Flacos - Time 19.994

Smokin' Dave Bryant

Tiago Senna

Gary Buchanan

Nate Nickerson

Jack Hicks

4. Team Shake-n-Bake - Time 20.033

Jason Marshall

KW Stanko

Mark Cohn

Nick Zucca

5. Team MarioKart - Time 20.052

Mike Steinman

Doug Garner

Reagan Garner

Jeff Warden

Pat Love

6. Team Da Cheaters - Time 20.149

Greg Rohmer

Dillon Spreen

Jason Stanley

Jake Kruger

Lynn Hardy Jr.

7. Team AM Racing - Time 20.198

David Umscheid

Michael Umscheid

Tim Self

Austin Self

Kevin Schoener

8. Team Hill Country Kart Club - Time 20.372

Paul Cooper

Jim Cooper

Bob Crawford

Jason Crawford

John Mueller

9. Team Los Gordos - Time 19.803

Mark Wheeler

John Greenwood

Robert Carr

Ian Brown

10. Team Runner-Up - Time 21.09

Chris Frederick

Chris Burton

Karla Bell

Blake Segura

Joe Bartole

11. Team Flaming Ice Racing - Time 21.140

Chris Wetz

Kevin Bean

Clayton Roots

Tom Roach

Ruston Smith

12. Team P.B. & J. - Time 25.776

Chad Baker

Brad Baker

Patti Baker

Jim Baker

There is only one more day to qualify. We will not be extending the time to do this. We have 3 more teams coming out tomorrow so if you think you might be bumped please come out and re-qualify.

We now have a full field of 12 qualified for the 150.

Team BP&J is on the bubble and may get nocked out of the field for the July 2nd firecracker 150

With only one more day to qualify and 3 additional teams signed up to give it their best shot, the

suspense is building.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that we had some heavy hitters comming in from Houston and sure enough Team Runco showed up ant took over the TQ honors.

I can't wait to see how everything plays out tomorrow. Qualifying is over at 9 PM sharp so if you are in the bottom 2 or 3 you may want to come out and re-qualify so you don't get bumped out of a chance to win part of the $10,000.00 Cash and prizes up for grabs.

Good luck to all the teams

Smitty

Someone PM'd me and asked about who was scheduled to qualify today.

I am not sure how many new teams have waited until the last minute to come out

but with low humidity and cooling in the evening, the track will be fast and the naskarts will be running strong tonight.

Good luck to everyone competing for the cash. I hope nobody gets bumped out at the last minute.

You never know how the race is going to unford and if you are in, you have a chance to win or place in the money. 3rd pays $1,000.

Good Racing

Micheal I know that there were a few teams and several wild cards trying to make it last night. If I am not mistaken, 2 teams were knocked out of the running and 2 more are in now.

My Team is one of the ones that made it in last night.

Robert Stewart

Heath Stewart

Tyler Juarez

Dylan Pemberton

Brandon Mitcham

Not sure of the final results where everyone ended up. I figure our team is around 8 or 9. We could of broke the 19's but one of our drivers can't get the hang of it, may be changing him out with a wild card.

I copied this from the NASKART Website:

Team Standings

1. Team Kart Runco - Time 19.676

Lauren Runco

Pete Runco

Cole Runco

Allen Sampson

Cody Kelly

2. Team Boats 'N Hose - Time 19.803

Jason Boyd

Mason Mitchell

J.T. Schild

David Webster

Ian Webster

3. Team Los Flacos - Time 19.994

Smokin' Dave Bryant

Tiago Senna

Gary Buchanan

Nate Nickerson

Jack Hicks

4. Team Shake-n-Bake - Time 20.033

Jason Marshall

KW Stanko

Mark Cohn

Nick Zucca

5. Team MarioKart - Time 20.052

Mike Steinman

Doug Garner

Reagan Garner

Jeff Warden

Pat Love

6. Team Da Cheaters - Time 20.149

Greg Rohmer

Dillon Spreen

Jason Stanley

Jake Kruger

Lynn Hardy Jr.

7. Team AM Racing - Time 20.198

David Umscheid

Michael Umscheid

Tim Self

Austin Self

Kevin Schoener

8. Team Hill Country Kart Club - Time 20.372

Paul Cooper

Jim Cooper

Bob Crawford

Jason Crawford

John Mueller

9. Team Raptor - Time 20.375

Joe Aramendia

John Heil

Tyler Mann

Robert Barker

B. Moczygemba

10. Team Abusement Park - Time 20.403

Robert Stewart

Heath Stewart

Tyler Juarez

Dylan Pemberton

Brandon Mitchan

11. Team Los Gordos - Time 20.523

Mark Wheeler

John Greenwood

Robert Carr

Ian Brown

Robyn Marsh

12. Team Flaming Ice Racing - Time 20.863

Chris Wetz

Kevin Bean

Clayton Roots

Tom Roach

Ruston Smith

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAMS THAT HAVE MADE THE FINAL STANDINGS. WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT CAME OUT AND TRIED THEIR BEST. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY OUR FIRST ANNUAL RACE SO NEXT YEAR MAY BE YOUR YEAR FOR THE GRAND PRIZE.

We look forward to racing with everyone. Our best run was our first, and then we started playing around and never got near to our first run again. I did notice outside the draft it can be a second or more slower, had a great time though and I want to thank everyone! I think next year more from our club will come out with teams, there are a ton of big kart races this weekend across the country so most are off doing that.

We really put our team together the day before our run. :)

Archived