Naskart Firecracker 150, $5,000 to win

Big G Smith

We now have all information to enter your team and race for the $5,000.00 winners purse at www.naskarts.com

Put your team together an see if you have what it takes to win. Second pays $2,000 and 3rd pays $1,000

Smitty

Naskaer Racing Xperience

at Thunderhill Raceway

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the rental fee on the school karts. And details on any crash cluase. Was it school kart that jason marshall ran last weekend. And how much is entry. This looks like it may be great. And how much is the school. And do you have to have taken nascart class to be approved to race. Thank

What is the rental fee on the school karts. And details on any crash cluase. Was it school kart that jason marshall ran last weekend. And how much is entry. This looks like it may be great. And how much is the school. And do you have to have taken nascart class to be approved to race. Thank

All of the karts we use, both arrive and drive and schools, are the same. Birel N35 chassis with Honda a GX270 motor. In order to compete in the 150, you do not need to go through speed school. Details are on our web site www.naskarts.com with pricing. No crash clause.

The Naskart that Jason drove last Saturday belongs to him. He had just purchased it. The 21 is the old yellow 11 that Lyndon Kirk drove in past races, just reskined with new paint and graphics.

The Naskarts that race in the pro series are exactly like our arrive and drive Naskarts except the motors have been modified and stickier tires are used

What wins on Saturday night, sells on Monday

• 2 weeks later...

our team went and qualifed today, so far our team "da cheaters" is p1. should have called ourselves the "ringers" kruger,spreen,stanley,rohmer,and myself. we elected dillion as our team leader, basically because he's the only one who never "gets in trouble"

if you have looked at this and thought this is too hard to figure out the format.....then look again if i can get it, anyone can lol. either way we had a blast today.

rumor has it that austin self, terry james, and david umschied, have formed a team not sure who the other two drivers are going to be, just hope it aint colt j.c. or micheal...that would be a tough team. when talking to the guys at the school they stated that they have a few drivers that dont have a "team" yet and they could exchange info for others interested that dont have enough drivers yet.

i know i sometimes spend 400 dollars to go win 300 dollars, in my opinion you are getting a huge bang for your buck. if you dont have saftey equipment they can provide it..helmet, neck brace, gloves, driving suits etc. the guys out there running the deal are very informative and helpfull.

for 30 bucks i learned a ton of knowlege about the effects of drafting, the sling shot, aero push, and two car break away.

even if you dont want to run the race go and do the arrive and drive but bring a buddy to make it way more fun. just be prepared to leave with a big smile and some tired arms i was white knuckled the entire day.

It has now been approved that any of the teams can have 1 of the Pro Racing Series drivers on their team if they so desire. They could be one of your 5 man/woman team and be valuable for info for your team. But seeing some of these "RINGER" teams forming....would be interesting to see them run against a NASKART Pro Racing Team. But we cannot field a complete team.

WHAT ABOUT THE AGE REQUIREMENT IS IT STILL 18 AS WAS ANNOUNCED AT THE THR DRIVER'S MEETING?

The age requirement is 18 unless you have a competition license. If you are under 18 and have a competition license you can join a team.

Anyone 18 our older can put together a team and come out and qualify. No competition license required. Cost to qualify is $20 plus insurance and tax for each team member.

Your team races for 10 laps. The fastest lap time for each driver is recorded and each driver’s fastest lap time is added together to establish a team qualifying time.

The fastest 12 teams will be eligible to race in the 150.

This is not a bash of the Naskart deal, nor is it a critique.

But I think some folks on this board would like a little more detail and clarificatrion.

We went over there last week to rent the carts, but two of our group were turned away for not being 18 years old. The guy in charge stated emphatically that insurance would not allow under 18 to rent them.

The two underage drivers were a current reigning track champion at Kyle, and the other was a multi-class feature winner, as well as a past points champion. We were told that that did not matter, that thery were not 18, and could not drive them.

Now you are saying that they can race with a "competition license".

Are you referring to a nascar driver license, or something else?

Again, just looking for clarification on the requirements.

Thanks,

Tom

This is not a bash of the Naskart deal, nor is it a critique.

But I think some folks on this board would like a little more detail and clarificatrion.

We went over there last week to rent the carts, but two of our group were turned away for not being 18 years old. The guy in charge stated emphatically that insurance would not allow under 18 to rent them.

The two underage drivers were a current reigning track champion at Kyle, and the other was a multi-class feature winner, as well as a past points champion. We were told that that did not matter, that thery were not 18, and could not drive them.

Now you are saying that they can race with a "competition license".

Are you referring to a nascar driver license, or something else?

Again, just looking for clarification on the requirements.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

Just to clarify. If your group was coming out to qualify for the 150 and the under 18 drivers had a NASCAR licenses, they should have been able to race as part of a qualifing team.

We do not rent to anyone under 18 for the regular arrive and drive program to the public.

Sorry for the confusion on the age.

Smitty

We came for the arrive and drive, so now we know.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tom

I am glad you asked the question. I,m sure others had the same experience.

Just to clarify further, we are insured by the World Karting Association. Their insurance rules are different for

arrive and drive to the public, than they are for an Event. The Firecracker 150 is a WKA Sactioned Kartiong Event.

We will have EMS and emergency personel on primis, so the age limit is lower.

Smitty

Hey Smitty,

How many teams have attempted to qualify for the race? Can you post the qualifying times as of right now and teams? Heard a new team came in last night and set the bar up a lil higher possibly!

J.C Umscheid

JC

We have another big qualifing night tonight. I'll post standings tomorrow

Thanks

Smitty

I've known the kruegers a long time but i never knew they had another son named Jack (look on Naskart times). Jack might be faster than Jake :) also the two guys named umsneid. Never heard of em.

Team Standings

1. Team MarioKart - Time 20.052

Mike Steinman

Doug Garner

Reagan Garner

Jeff Warden

Pat Love

2. Team Da Cheaters - Time 20.149

Greg Rohmer

Dillon Spreen

Jason Stanley

Jack Kruger

Lynn Hardy Jr.

3. Team AM Racing - Time 20.198

David Umsneid

Michael Umsneid

Tim Self

Austin Self

Kevin Schoener

4. Team P.B. & J. - Time 25.776

Chad Baker

Brad Baker

Patti Baker

Jim Baker

I've known the kruegers a long time but i never knew they had another son named Jack (look on Naskart times). Jack might be faster than Jake :) also the two guys named umsneid. Never heard of em.

hahaha

Sorry, I must have wrote the names down wrong when I was creating the page for Team Standings. They now have been updated and we have some more team qualifying today and this weekend. Keep an eye on the Team Standings page to get the most recent times and teams. I will be updating them as they qualify.

Hey Smitty, is it tomorrow yet? Lol.

You are to young to remember the song tomorrow never comes by I can't remember who.

To keep track of standings go to www.naskarts.com and click on Firecracker150 then click on standings.

I think the fastest teams will be qualifing tonight and through Sunday. I spoke to Jason Marshal and he is bring 7 guys out tonight to qualify. He will pick his 5 quickest for his tean. We also have some teams coming from Houston on Sunday. They are racing at HMP Saturday and then coming in on Sunday.

Stay tuned

We have some new qualifying times up on the Naskarts website. Take a look and see where you stand now.

Also, if you do not have a team and would like to qualify or participate in the event we will qualify you by yourself and will put teams of 5 together at random. Please contact the office to ask when would be a good time for you to show up and do that. If you would like more details contact the office between 10am and 6pm and someone will walk you through all the details.

Archived