'the hat'

Crazyhorse

i grew up knowing you as a 'rival' to my step dad. got to know you as a person.....and have the utmost respect for you on and of the track.to race against you was on my bucketlist, all the other is just like eXtra peaches in my coppler. if i'm gonna take an a-- whooping, i can't think of a better guy to put it on me. congrats on your sweep of the THR sport mods.

signed

-that other guy from the same shop as david

I'm not the kind of guy who posts anything on speedzone, i just read it. But when i read this one about David, i thought i would put my two cents in. A lot of you may not know, but he was my crew cheif when i drove for Turner Motorsports. I learned a lot from him during that time, which i still use to this day. When i got the phone call Friday night that we blew a motor in the 91 car, Larry told me the 15 car was available. I told him if we're going to drive a different car, that would be the one to drive. My main concern was to find us another motor for next race since we only had one. When i was told that David would crew cheif and take care of the car for Zak, i knew we could win the race on Saturday. I have the upmost respect for David and his family, except maybe JC lol. Thanks for your help and everything you've done for me in the past years.

-Douglas Lege , Pit Solutions

MAN I wish I could have been there! There was no doubt in my mind he would find victory lane again soon. Good job Dad.

J.C Umscheid

PS Doug my mom reads this forum....hope she doesnt come see you about not liking me!!!! Did you crew chief once for me? Thanks for the kind words and good job this year.

MISTER LEGE...... Thought we were finished with all that... not nice sir! JK... Now I am wishing I would have gone to the races on sat. nt. Probably won't miss another one! Good job David!

MAN I wish I could have been there! There was no doubt in my mind he would find victory lane again soon. Good job Dad.

J.C Umscheid

PS Doug my mom reads this forum....hope she doesnt come see you about not liking me!!!! Did you crew chief once for me? Thanks for the kind words and good job this year.

JC your dad did an awesome job and you and Michael should be proud. I have never seen your dad race before, it is true what they said about his great driving skills. Maybe old men can drive. Great job David.

David was one of my favs when I was a kid running around the bleachers at speed-o-rama. Even today he step into a car and he is automatically one of the favorites to win no matter what class. Great job.

P.S. maybe I shouldnt of said kid, uuhhhh I was older than a kid, yeah, lets say that. :P

Lets all remember that just because he is old he hasn't forgot how to turn the wheel. I know he won the TIDA championships more than once in a scirocco. If you can't run with the old dogs stay home.

Someone will have to refresh my memory of David winning the TIDA championship in a Scirocco. Must be oldtimers setting in for sure because I think I would have recalled that for sure... LOL

2010 Mike Merrell # 70 VW Scirocco

2009 Mike Merrell # 70 VW Scirocco

2008 Sergio Hexsel # 20 VW Rabbit

2007 Sergio Hexsel # 20 VW Rabbit

2006 Donnie Moore # 70 VW Scirocco

2005 Sergio Hexsel # 20 VW Rabbit

2004 Bill LaBarge # 27 BMW

2003 Bill LaBarge # 27 BMW

2002 Randy Lee # 30 Ford Mustang-svo

2001 Bucky Hutchinson # 47 VW Scirocco

2000 Bucky Hutchinson # 47 VW Scirocco

1999 Bucky Hutchinson # 47 VW Scirocco

1998 Bill LaBarge # 27 Honda CRX

1997 Bill LaBarge # 27 Honda CRX

1996 Bill LaBarge # 27 Honda CRX

1995 Bill Krueger # 71 VW Scirocco

1994 Bill Krueger # 71 VW Scirocco

1993 Mikey Cullen # 70 VW Scirocco

1992 Bill LaBarge # 27 VW Scirocco

1991 John Leonard # 54 VW Rabbit

1990 Donnie Moore # 70 VW Scirocco

1989 Joe Osborne # 16 VW Rabbit

1988 Ricci Ware, Jr # 1 Datsun 510

1987 Mike Boer # 70 VW Sedan

1986 Ricci Ware, Jr # 1 Datsun 510

1985 Bucky Hutchison # 57 Mini Cooper

1984 Ricci Ware, Jr # 22 Datsun 510

1983 Paul Jett # 2 Chevrolet Chevette

1982 Mike Boer # 70 VW Sedan

1981 Neil Upchurch # 76 VW Sedan

1980 Neil Upchurch # 76 VW Sedan

Nick

Late models Nick LOL

A Late Model Sirocco? Wow! that's really impressive. Where can I buy one of those?

Nick

Its one of those LTA cars Nick, dont you remember?

Late models Nick LOL

A Late Model Sirocco? Wow! that's really impressive. Where can I buy one of those?

Nick

Its one of those LTA cars Nick, dont you remember?

Remember what?

Someone will have to refresh my memory of David winning the TIDA championship in a Scirocco. Must be oldtimers setting in for sure because I think I would have recalled that for sure... LOL

MUST BE OLDTIMERS SETTING IN .....MAN JUST FOR A SECOND THOUGHT YOU WERE PICKING ON ME ..... THEN I REALIZE ITS TRUE OLDTIMERS IS A AILMENT THAT CANT BE IGNORED ......BUT EVEN AT THAT I COULD NOT REMEMBER DAVID RACEN A VW....

Archived