Domed Racetracks needed...

SASPEEDRACER24

Ok if we all donate $50..............j/k... Though I wish someone with some money to burn much higher up would give it some thought... Something like a 1/2 or 3/8 mile with Martinsville type banking... Enough seats for say 10k... There has got to be someone that has thought that idea up before... Wouldnt have to worry about noise and if it takes off then you can make different tracks dirt or asphalt , high banked or not...

Bruton Smith has apparently seriously considered putting a roof on Bristol, but it hasn't happened yet. If Bruton can't figure out how to make it financially feasible at Bristol, I don't see how a short track anywhere else could make it work.

Our first problem to solve is getting more fans to the tracks we already have, and making them profitable.

Thats assuming of course that they (local tracks) wont shut down because of lack of profits, leases run out, or neighborhood association petitions first. Anyhow this was just ment to be a little idea while the rain washed out most of our weekends. Personally I wouldnt try to put a roof on any existing track because of the costliness. For what it would cost I am betting the money would be better spent building a complete facility... Picture a building roughly double the size of the Wal-Mart dist. center and about 3 4x as tall...Anyone got plenty of money to spend I got more ideas... Its not a completely off the wall idea since it works for the Chili Bowl but that facility is not devoted to racing either.....

Bruton Smith has apparently seriously considered putting a roof on Bristol, but it hasn't happened yet. If Bruton can't figure out how to make it financially feasible at Bristol, I don't see how a short track anywhere else could make it work.

I agree with you tq that is just isnt feasable..... The main problem is overcoming the existing structures with minimal costs. It can be done for much cheaper from scratch, but then again it wouldnt be Bristol, would it?

If every redneck donated thier carports to NASCAR we could have every track covered....lol

Accoustics! How in the world could you vent the unwanted sound levels out of a dome? This isn't a football game or a basketball game. They would resonate like crazy I would imagine, then the ruff would colapse from all of the vibrations. :unsure: Not sure if the roof would vibrate that bad, but the sounds level would be nuts.

Tim

I would believe that you would have to have some venting out of the top of the roof along with an air circulation system... Also the accostics(sp) are not bad in the dome when you have the monster trucks and other loud events there so what could be overcome by design... That would be an ideal Perimiter size though I dont think it would need to be as tall... Also anther good thing about a enclosed track like that is that for the most part if you can keep the sound in you could put them in heavier populated areas that would give them an edge on other tracks in the area...

Also the accostics(sp) are not bad in the dome when you have the monster trucks and other loud events there so what could be overcome by design...

I agree with you Marc, to a degree. However, put 43 (running) monster trucks in the same dome and see what the outcome is. :D

Tim

I imagine that the ventilation would be the main issue to overcome. The dome couldn't be too small...it would fill up too fast...my .02...but I really like the idea! YEAR ROUND RACING!

TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY, What a bummer it is not being used for racing anymore, only testing.

If you go to the TWS website you will see that the track is rented almost every weekend throughout the year. There are no attempts made by the owner to bring racing that specators would pay to see back to the facility. There may be a few spectators who attend some of these events, but that certainly is not the goal when Mr. Conole rents the track.

January...................................... February

03 TBA ...................................... 06-08 Corinthian Vintage Auto Races

04 Faron's Minis.........................12 Test 'n Tune

08 EDP Racing........................... 13-15 SCCA Double National

10-11 SCCA .............................. 19 EDP Racing

17-18 PCA.................................. 21-22 PCA

24-25 TWS Motorsports Club..... 28-29 TWS Mororsports Club Italian Automobile Festival of Speed

31 Tommy Challenge

March......................................... April

01 Ride Smart............................. 03-04 NASA

03 Momentum Motor Cars.......... 05 Lone Star Track Days

04 EDP Racing............................ 10-11 TWS Motorsports Club - CANCELLED

06-07 Drivers Edge.................... 17-18 TBA

13-14 CMRA Motorcycle Races.... 24-25 TBA

18 EDP Racing/Supra Club

19-21 PCA Club Racing

27-28 SCCA

29 Lone Star Track Days

May.............................................. June

01-02 PCA..................................... 05-06 PCA

08-09 Ride Smart.......................... 12-13 Drivers Edge

10 Lone Star Track Days............... 19-20 CMRA Motorcycle Races

13 EDP Racing............................... 26-27 Ride Smart

15-16 TWS Motorsports Club

21-23 Corinthian Vintage Auto Races

29-30 SCCA

31 Ride Smart

July................................................. August

03-04 SCCA.................................... 07-08 TBA

05 Lone Star Track Days................. 09 Lone Star Track Days

10-11 TBA....................................... 14-15 TBA

15 EDP Racing................................. 21-22 TWS Motorsports Club

17-18 TWS Motorsports Club.......... 28-29 TBA

24 Faron's Minis

31-1 TBA

September............................................. October

04-05 Drivers Edge................................ 02-03 SVTOA (Ford)

06 Ride Smart........................................ 09-10 Drivers Edge

10-12 Corinthian Vintage Auto Races.... 16-17 SVT Cobra Club

18-19 Lone Star Track Days................... 23-24 Lone Star Track Days

23 EDP Racing........................................ 30-31 SCCA

25-26 NASA

November.............................................. December

05-07 Corinthian Vintage Auto Races..... 03-05 PCA

13-14 Drivers Edge................................. 11-12 SCCA

20-21 SCCA............................................ 13-19 TBA

27-28 TWS Motorsports Club

tqi you are so right about the best kept secret in Texas. I have been to races there and it was really something spectacular. I think it would be great if the ARTS, TSRS, TAMS. TPS, and other series tried to race there. This Mr Conole should look into this. Anyway just my two cents worth. Thanks,

I think Neil had posted at one point that the concession and potties on the hill were not up to stuff for public use and possibly the main grandstands needed refurbishing somewhat.

It would be nice to see TWS back with competitive action Ive seen some photos and the track doesn't seem to look all too bad.

Archived