truck race

HiTech

ok who is going to say that was fixed

Had to be fixed; Mikey wins at Daytona on the tenth anniversary of Dale's death, he was in a #15 again, How could that just be coincidence??!!

Wonder what Kornheiser and his uninformed racing expert would say.........

Personally, I was glad to see Michael win it. He ran Sadler hard, but didn't turn him or knock him out of the way, and made a helluva move to the outside to win.

That is what racing is all about.

I know why Vence McMahan has been absent from the WWE lately,hes been helping NASCAR get their storylines more intresting just like bringing back the ROCK to host wrestlingmania.

The truck race was intresting but not exciting,it was a one groove track just like a hundred dry slick dirt track races Ive seen with a tiny bit of moisture on the bottom.Its amazing how Michael was able to make an outside pass when nobody else could all race.I know the events that led to the last restart were of nobodys making but I bet Elliot made more from that race than the winner did.Im not complaining,its the job of a promoter to take advantage of a circumstance that allows for a huge positive storyline and this is the biggest in recient times for NASCAR.A true feel good story.Elliot Sadler could have easily won that race.

I have always been saying racing is missing that human element that creats fan involvment but this is classic.I hope to see more.Racing IS entertainment afterall.

And I am and always have been a huge NASCAR fan.The rest of the weekend will be great.

Anyone who has ever driven a race car knows you will not get passed on the last straightaway even by a faster car if you dont allow it.How many times have you seen bumping and grinding to the finish.Yes blocking at the end is a part of the race.Mikey would not have passed me if I was Elliot.Not without paint swapping anyway.But I need the money.Maybe Elliot found a better payday??

It doesnt matter anyway this level is way beyound most of us anyway.Thats why I speak as a fan.

So in addition to the mystery fuel substance from a few years back - he now has a time released chemical in his paint that eats hardware at a precise time\distance point? Or was it a sniper on the grassy knoll?

on csi it would have been a metal eating acid timed from the start of the race.

lets assume we were to fix a race (by we I mean us forum dogs).

How many people will we let in on the secret and how many would HAVE to be let in whether they like it or not as they play a part in the fix. Lets see. Simple scenario: Racer one will move over giving racer 2 the win.

Racer 1 (he knows - pay him), his crew chief (maybe he don't know), his crew (again maybe not), and his engineering organization (again maybe not). BUT for him to be in position to move over all those folks have to bust their tail and expect a win. In order to keep them in his employ after a bone head move - they would need paid AND LET IN on the secret.

Scenario - equipment edge (like a failure of the spoiler) - same as above but now add - at least three tech inspectors would know and thus need paid, as well as the entire crew of racer 2. This does not even address sponser expectations and communications or involvement of friends and family.

Every time I hear the word "fix" in regards to a nascar race I laugh at the joke it is. There is NO WAY you would get enough people or money involved to keep everyone with direct knowledge or proof to back up suspiscion quiet.

A deal between two drivers? Thats plausible - but not likely. I have yet to meet a driver who would ever give up and roll over. The competitive nature is what makes some one who can drive a car into someone who can drive a RACE car. Someone who can forgo and turn that competive nature off and on - simply is not succesful enough to make it up the levels into the top.

just my ramblings...

lets assume we were to fix a race (by we I mean us forum dogs).

How many people will we let in on the secret and how many would HAVE to be let in whether they like it or not as they play a part in the fix. Lets see. Simple scenario: Racer one will move over giving racer 2 the win.

Racer 1 (he knows - pay him), his crew chief (maybe he don't know), his crew (again maybe not), and his engineering organization (again maybe not). BUT for him to be in position to move over all those folks have to bust their tail and expect a win. In order to keep them in his employ after a bone head move - they would need paid AND LET IN on the secret.

Scenario - equipment edge (like a failure of the spoiler) - same as above but now add - at least three tech inspectors would know and thus need paid, as well as the entire crew of racer 2. This does not even address sponser expectations and communications or involvement of friends and family.

Every time I hear the word "fix" in regards to a nascar race I laugh at the joke it is. There is NO WAY you would get enough people or money involved to keep everyone with direct knowledge or proof to back up suspiscion quiet.

A deal between two drivers? Thats plausible - but not likely. I have yet to meet a driver who would ever give up and roll over. The competitive nature is what makes some one who can drive a car into someone who can drive a RACE car. Someone who can forgo and turn that competive nature off and on - simply is not succesful enough to make it up the levels into the top.

just my ramblings...

They kept it quite in New Mexico a few years back.

Archived