SASPEEDRACER24

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best Track For ROMCO

• San Antonio Speedway
    • Corpus Christi Speedway
    • Houston Motor Speedway
    • Thunder Hill Raceway
    • Texas Motor Speedway

Sorry to say the best track for ROMCO closed last year when Sooner in Altus shut down. Yeah, I know, they were TIDA cars when they last ran there, but it still was the best track for late model racing in this region.

As far as a current track, I'd say Houston has great potential if they resolve the surface issue.

How a mini-Bristol?

I have to pick SAS, although i dont agree with the management, romco usually puts on a good show there. Hey Tom, what is 410? Asking because i race around Loop 410 all day long at work, and lapped traffic is a big problem.

Big John

Loop 410 is one of the shining examples of how not to do things that San Antonio is so famous for. Sometimes it is the fastest way from points Northeast to SAS because you can avoid going through town on one of San Antonio's (and Texas DOT) other great projects, I-35. Think it's bad now? Just wait for the NAFTA truck traffic. Fortunately, I leave for work at 5:00 AM when it's real quiet, and get off before the afternoon demo derby.

Since I live in Schertz and work at old Kelly AFB, those hours are a blessing.

Now I don't want to sound too negative about S.A., It could be worse. Austin and Houston come to mind.

Perhaps S.A. citizens can approach the S.A. city council to help alleviate the traffic. After all, they're there for you, aren't they? Boy, am I a smart*ss or what?!

Hey guys I dont know how bad it is in San Antonio but at least yall got 410 & 1604 to get around the city. Austin aint got crap when 35 is shut down you can go to mopac but that gets stopped up just as bad and the only other way around town is through downtown but you got to put up with traffic there. So if you got to go to north austin like I do sometimes cause i work in buda and have to go to Round Rock to go to my better half's house it takes me almost an hour to go 20 miles. But as for the best track for Romco I have to say Houston cause that was a good race there last year and it is a good track for racing. I think THR could be right there with it if they just widened the back stretch.

Guest RandyBorlace

PUT THEM ON DIRT!!!

well its a good idea, they do it with the ARCA/ReMax series. Devils Bowl or Bellmead would be good places for them 3/8 mile and up....

TMS all the way! I know it isn't the most feasible for most everybody to make the modifications to the cars needed to go those speeds. But the exposure is great for the series and for the drivers. I have only been to THR and TMS for races but, I talked to a lot of other fans that were at the TMS race last time and they loved it. I had to give them some history for the series before they realized that these cars weren't going to give them everything that the Cup cars will. They didn't realize even though they look like Cup cars they don't perform like them. I had to compare it to the Cup cars at Daytona with the plates on them then they understood better. How great was it that the Davidsons' beat a CTS driver?

Archived