Naskarts Questions

JamesHigdon

I have been itching for a while to go racing some more but can't afford a full-size car for wheel to wheel racing (towing costs, fuel, tires, etc). The announcement about Naskarts running a program at Thunderhill sounded interesting so I'm thinking about setting up to get some laps but I'm curious as to the weekly/yearly/buy-in costs for a competitive kart? A quicky google search didn't turn up much so what kind of damage would a good kart do?

As a secondary question, the chassis doesn't appear to be offset, could the karts be road raced/autocrossed with some minor modification?

A complete kart ready to race costs about $3000 to $4000. The tires we run are spec as of last year, the Maxxis HG3, cost less than 200 dollars a set and will last you several races and still be fairly competitive. We run 110 race fuel, which I usually buy at the track. You can rebuild an engine for a few hundred bucks, and a new engine (Honda GX270) will cost around 1500 to 2000. The nice thing about the karts is that you don't need a big expensive trailer or hauler. Some guys just use a pick up. The chassis are not offset, they are the same chassis that alot of indoor kart tracks use. We do run Some road courses. We will be racing at the kart track in Katy this year as well. I believe if you come out to kyle and turn a few laps, that you will get hooked, they are alot fun.

I have been itching for a while to go racing some more but can't afford a full-size car for wheel to wheel racing (towing costs, fuel, tires, etc). The announcement about Naskarts running a program at Thunderhill sounded interesting so I'm thinking about setting up to get some laps but I'm curious as to the weekly/yearly/buy-in costs for a competitive kart? A quicky google search didn't turn up much so what kind of damage would a good kart do?

As a secondary question, the chassis doesn't appear to be offset, could the karts be road raced/autocrossed with some minor modification?

The NasKart Racing Xperiance is designed for guys like you who want to get into some close, side by side racing without the cost of buying a full sized stock car or even a NasKart.

We will be hosting league racing on Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting in March. Racing will be under the lights at Thunder Hill. All safety gear and a race ready NasKart is provided for all drivers. The series will be once a week for 8 weeks. If after racing in the leagues you decide to move up into the NasKart Pro Series, you can purchase your own NasKart or rent one for race night. The Naskart Pro Series is a traveling series and race both oval and road courses. Check out the schedule at naskarts.com

Smitty

The chassis "could" be road raced or autocrossed, but the motor does not classify itself with any of the sanctioning bodies that run those type of events. Fortunately the Naskart schedule does include both ovals and road course. I discussed with SASCA in brief about allowing a Naskart to auto-x with the group and they had no problems with it.

The little I’ve seen here and looked up other places REALLY makes me want to go and run the program out at Thunderhill. I would imagine you can run the “Pro Series” with having to run in the Tuesday/Thursday events first? It would be beyond impossible to make the hour and a half trip to Kyle during the week. One of the biggest draws for me to the series it the lower fuel costs associated with not having to pull a trailer all that way.

I see you will be renting Karts for Saturday night races; will they be available for early season testing sessions and the like? If so what would one be looking at in costs?

CuttingEdge; I imagine SASCA wouldn’t have a problem running with them…I have run everything from an ’84 C10 to a stripped down FSAE car with them…a cart would be much closer to competitive and no doubt safer!

Archived