President Reagan Dead @ 93

Rookie49

Guest The_Greek

he was a favorite of mine, i thought about posting this but figured it was to off topic, wonder if he was a race fan? i do remember him being at Daytona when Richard Petty won his 200th race.

what was the hidden microphone (mock)speech- "my fellow americans after meeting with members of congress,i've decided to outlaw the u.s.s.r..the missles will be launching in five minutes...

that's just classic.he was definitely charasmatic....

I agree Crazyhorse. Think about it. When most of us who are around 40 and over were growing up the biggest fear in our world was the threat of Nuclear war with the Soviets. I remember having bomb drills in grade school. Kind of like a tornado drill. Reagan defeated the Iron Curtain without a shot being fired. The biggest threat we face today is gas prices and terrorist attacks. While I'm worried about bin-laden pulling something stupid and killing a lot of Americans, I'm not worried that he will start a war that will lead to world destruction.

God bless the Reagan family.. A lot of us are much better people because of Ronald Reagan.

I would have to say Reagan was a great man with a great way with words. Here are some of his best quotes over the years...I hope you enjoy...

'When you see all that rhetorical smoke billowing up from the Democrats, well ladies and gentleman, I'd follow the example of their nominee; don't inhale.'

Republican National Convention, 1992.

'No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1981.

'We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.'

Normandy, France, June 6, 1984

Last but not least I remember this speech which was shown to everyone in my class when I was in 3rd grade. I will never forget the events of that time...

We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them -- this morning, as they prepared for their journey, and waved good-bye, and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

Speech about the Challenger disaster, January 28, 1986

R.I.P. Mr Reagan...

Archived