bad RR wheel hop on exit at I-37

fastman

I ran a Pure Stock at I-37 last week and had a bad RR wheel hop on exit. Open to suggestions on how to make that wheel hop go away.

Normally, wheel hop is due to a broken shock or one that is wore out. You really can't tell if a shock is worn out by moving the shaft in and out by hand. It takes a shock dyno. Sometimes the shock is OK, but just not stiff enough for application you are running.

OR... it could be that your rear linkages are pointed in directions/angles that cause the rear to roll understeer so much that the tire's slip angle can't keep up and unloads, reloads, unloads, reloads, etc. until the body is back closer to level. This would only be the case on a dry slick track with enough rubber down to allow the tire's slip angle to fully load.

Nick

they have to run stock shocks not racing so go to autozone and pick you up a shock 4 a chevy s10 r-r worked 4 me

thats a shot in the dark - each vehicle and each driver style being slightly to widely different. Even if you have to run a stock shock you should dyno to get the right comp/rebound rates for what you want - finding the comp rebound rate is hard to do as most manufacturers do not make readily available their numbers - the reason is that if they did their "lifetime" warranties would be used a heck of a lot more as folks would want them changed as soon as the varied off the advertised rate - which in the lower cost units can be as little as 5000 miles!

We used to buy a crapload of shocks - all different apps and rates (from cheapies to expensives in the same brand ) rate them and when we found the ones we wanted return any that had not been on a car - the ones that we tried on the car we would use in ours, and our crewsmens and their wives vehicles! gets expensive - but..... it can be a perk for the folks that help ya out with "free" labor.

our bomber at cc had a nasty rr hop .changed shock ..took care of problem ..

we had that problem at 37, we went to the stock kyb shock over the counter at hance auto parts, ran em all year with justin henley behind the wheel, so if he didnt tear em up, u shouldnt .

our bomber at cc had a nasty rr hop .changed shock ..took care of problem ..

we had that problem at 37, we went to the stock kyb shock over the counter at hance auto parts, ran em all year with justin henley behind the wheel, so if he didnt tear em up, u shouldnt .

yep we have regular cheap 16.99 cabes from autozone ...life time warranty ...lol

Archived