big buck

JohnnyT66

At most all big shows, and even at some regular shows,Lots of dirt tracks have a ONE spin rule..We have seen this year have lots of problems because the SAME cars spin every race.. It ruins races and drags the show..There are exceptions to this rule,GOT SPUN,SOMETHING ON TRACK,etc..Perhaps it would help teach some of these OUT OF CONTROL,cant drive racers to either learn to drive,or get to load up early every race...The spinners usually cause some poor racer behind them to get most of the damage, and they continue on again.. This week,GEORGE EGBERT got a taste of it..Not a good way to try and get him to come back...Hope some thought will be put into this.... Frank Torres

At Rio Grande Speedway if you get charged with a second yellow you are done in that race.You dont have to spin out,if you spin someone,break down,go too slow or any other reason that brings out the yellow,your finished at that point.The good part is you are not blackflagged or DQed.You get credit for whatever you did up to the point of the second yellow.For example 3 cars go out before lap 6,you get a second yellow on lap 8 and are removed,you still place aheads of the cars that ran less.Thats the first time I experienced this,I got the second charge for a yellow one time but did get paid for some kind of finish.Its important to remember to keep the hatefulness out of regulation.Give the guy credit for being there but tell him to fix his problem.

This approach fixes the spin out deal without causing grudges. JMO.

At most all big shows, and even at some regular shows,Lots of dirt tracks have a ONE spin rule..We have seen this year have lots of problems because the SAME cars spin every race.. It ruins races and drags the show..There are exceptions to this rule,GOT SPUN,SOMETHING ON TRACK,etc..Perhaps it would help teach some of these OUT OF CONTROL,cant drive racers to either learn to drive,or get to load up early every race...The spinners usually cause some poor racer behind them to get most of the damage, and they continue on again.. This week,GEORGE EGBERT got a taste of it..Not a good way to try and get him to come back...Hope some thought will be put into this.... Frank Torres

Well said Frank, hopefully this stands for the purestock SUPERLOOPERS!!!!

LOL...

I mentioned to Eric earlier in the year....one(solo) in the heat, two in the feature.....Of course Steve would need to be onboard so he wasn't too quick on the trigger(within safe reason) and people could get going....

I think it just makes the show run a little better. JMHO

reb i do wait as long as i can to throw the yellow, it would stop people from waiting on the yellow, the way it's set up right now its 2 yellows in the heat and your done and three in the main

That's what the rules state. Evidently there's a hidden exception to the rule. If you cause a caution on the first lap they give a mulligan. Stating since it happened on the first uncompleted lap it is a complete restart. Never heard of this, but it sure happened. :angry:

I would think 2 spins for the heat and 2 for the main and you're out. The only reason for allowing 2 in the heat race is because sometimes at the beginning of the races track conditions are not the best. Nothing like sitting in the car lined up to go out next seeing yellow after yellow and dieing of heat exhaustion while someone keeps making small circles. [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/29/10]

I have edited or removed several posts in this thread.

Not everyone will agree with every decision a track has to make. Some will like the decision, some do not. That's just the way it is in racing as it is in life.

However, complaints by those who disagree with those decision need to be taken up with the track management rather than on Lone Star Speedzone.

Thanks.

Nick

Are you referring to me George? lol

LOL. Nope, just watch my "In car cam" from the the only night i got a win. Id bet anybody a Doublemeat Double cheese with fries and onionrings that that race would go down as "THE RACE WITH THE MOST CAUTIONS". Thats funny Aaron.

I think I may have caused one of those cautions George with a little help from my buddy Frank O. lol

What i recall are the ones that were talking about my heat race and crying on each others sholders because i got moved to another heat. Anyway me and Frank were done fair on that one. What happen to you that night, you looked strong and the car sound good last sat.

Archived