Very Special Thank You

agb22759

On behalf of Mason and Jim Teague and the whole Teague Racing Team a very special THANK YOU goes out to Allen Alexander who graciously stepped out of his car last night after the motor blew in Mason's car. Because of his kindness, Mason was able to continue his run for the championship. All that aside though the sportsmanship shown by Allen who races in the same class is what racing is all about.

Thank you to all the other teams who offered help from cars, motors, nuts and bolts or turning wrenches, your kindness did not go unnoticed. The friendship and sportsmanship shown by those teams including teams from other classes is greatly appreciated. It is overwhelming to know that there are so many friends and fans alike that are behind Mason in his pursuit of the championship. It's a close one and the last race is gonna be a nail biter.

Team Teague Racing

Yes I agree thanks to allen for loaning us his car last night! We also wanna thank shawn paul and tracy tschoerner for offering us their cars!!! Sportsmanship at its best last night thanks guys!!!!

Let us know if you ever need anything guys

Chris Farr

in 1991 i loaned my car to a driver who lost his car with two weeks to go ..he was racen me for third place in points ..i already had a third the season before .could not get second ..so gave it up .to see him smile .....got that trophy with just three points over forth ...... i have never forgoten that .. and have no remorse from doing so ..another season trophy would not have hurt ......................but ......

ALLEN AFTER GOING OVER THAT THOUGHT OF GIVEING UP MY CAR .. WHICH WAS HARD AT THE TIME .....I HAD TO THINK WOULD IT BE WORTH IT ... WAS IT WORTH IT .............. I SAID HELL YES .........IF MASON GOES ON TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP ...THATS SOMETHING YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER ...you cant put a price on that ......im glad there are drivers still around who still give up thier love of racen on the track to help others .. YOU ARE A CHAMPION .....

First of all I want to say your a hell of a guy Allen. From a drivers prespective racer to racer, I didnt care much for the way you raced me last year. But being at the track this year I can say one thing for sure. Your a stand up guy for sure. Without question you are a guy with alot of heart and there are NOT alot of people that would give up there ride for anyone. When I found out what you did for Mason, I was shocked. Just goes to show you, "Dont ever judge a book by its cover". I have the utmost repect for you allen. You and your crew are stand up people and I dont think anyone will ever forget what you did for them. I know I wont. Good luck in the future.

Second. Holy crap Mason. It just goes to show everyone at the track what kind of talent you have. Its no wonder you have so many fans. I dont think there is anyone that could have done what you did in a new car that you had never driven. I wish I would have been out there with you guys but the show from the stands was worth every penny saturday night. Good luck getting your car back together and good luck in the spectacular. If you need anything call me.

One year during one of our open competitions a visiting competitor, Rick Carelli (in a rather unusual form) failed to make the main in qualifying. we had - so as the heats rolled we did not have a large workload. Well in his heat for the semi Rick tore up his rearend. I started helping them fix it - and slowly others joined in. By the time we were buttoning it up there were so many different shirts around the car that it was impossible to tell where the team stopped or started! Rick got us that night (he won the semi and transferred in) as we finished pretty deep in the field and Ron Hornaday and Rick finished 1-2 with a good battle the whole way. Over the next few weeks the folks that had joined together for Rick also seemed to form our own alliances helping each other and as a whole we bettered our positions.

I bring this up as it and what I have heard and read transpired with Mason's race this weekend show clearly that when the flags have flown, the dust has settled you will have two things left. One is the trophies, the other is the friendships and alliances. the trophies collect dust and are soon either forgotten or clinged to as a reminder of your glory days. So if you allow the friendships to do so as well, or fail to value them and nurture them along the way in the first place - you will be left with nothing. The sacrifices made were superficial in the long run. The reward of seeing it "all come together", and having taken a role in it are far from that!

Way to go all! To answer a question posed in another thread - the state of racing is quite healthy.

Archived