JAMES HUFF

HuffMotorsports

Lets start out by Thanking God that James is still here to talk about his accident.

We want to stress to all of you racers that safety is most important. This was a very hard hit, if not for him wearing his Hans this accident could of been really bad. James has a couple of fractured bones, maybe one broke and a few bones in his left foot that has been dislocated. May require surgery, we will find out soon as we get him into his doctor in Houston.

Right now he is in a temporary cast and on crutches, he does not seem to be in any pain, keeping the foot elevated and cold packs on it.

We would like to Thank Mary Ann , H, Thunderhill Staff and Emergency Crews for all their help you did a superb job. Deb Williams "Thank You" so much for sitting with James, doing the paper work and advising us as to what direction to go next, you are very special to us and we are greatful. Jeff & Matt Yevcak, Bobby Hansen, our Grandsons and everyone else that helped us get the car in shape to where it could even be loaded, helping me put up everything to straping the car down locking the trailer up and loading James up in the truck "THANKS A MILLION" could not of done it without you all. Bruce Wright Thanks for the phone calls and offers of help it means a lot. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, phone calls, emails, facebook asking how James is doing and Lauren and Cole Runco offering to help get his car back together so he could race.

Now i said all of that to say this, we knew James was going to be ok, our main concern was that Charles Aikin was ok and not hurt. We was asking everyone about Charles and finally i got to talk with him myself now we are ok knowing that he is not hurt.

You must all put "SAFETY FIRST" please don't think twice about it.

We want all of you to know you mean the world to us and your help and all was much appreciated.

Sincerely,

James & Janette Huff

post-3-1282094382.jpg

post-3-1282094391.jpg

Thank you Robert glad to see we are rubbing off on you.

Would you please give out Thanks to Brandie for her help

and offering to keep the grandsons so they didn't have to

stay at ER with us all them hours.

I have to tell you they are Papa and Nana supporters, they

just pitch in and help on what ever needs to be done.

We have been blessed with some wonderful grandchildren.

Janette

Mr. and Mrs. Huff. aka Mom and Dad. I was very worried about Mr. Huff when i saw what had happend. Mary and I talked to the EMT's and thats when I started calling. I thank god that Mr. Huff wears the best safety gear and what an awesome role model for Jake and the younger drivers to follow! You guys mean the world to my family and you know that we are there for you all you have to do is call!!! After talking to Mr. Huff I gotta hunch he will be be back and running up front!!! Thoughts and prayers have been with you since that second. To Charles Aikin i hope everyting is ok with you as well. Get well quick mr. Huff the banquet is coming up soon and I think Mary would like a dance!!!

I thanked Brandie for you . Those grand children are gonna make one helluva pit crew one day they new what to do and where it was when we needed it again those are really good boys they even offered to help me with all my stuff keep us all updated on Mr Huff and you dont work too hard

As far as we understand no surgery required.

Took James to an orthopedic doctor today. Doctor said the bones

in the foot are back in place, left outside foot has a bone broke

with a small cluster of cracks around it.

Foot is bruised and swollen, just name your color it's there.

He is now wearing a boot and with the help of crutches he

can walk on it. He is to keep it elevated to get the swelling out.

Said if James could get his racing shoes on and felt ok he

could go back to racing in 2 weeks.

The racecar got delivered to Randy today for repairs and a new

front end.

Since James foot is swollen he is now sleeping in his racing shoes

so they will be stretched out by the next race.

Would you say he is serious about racing?, the man loves it.

He liked his doctor, he used to go too Playland Park, Meyer

Speedway and various other tracks in his younger days.

James had fun autographing Hero cards for the doctor and his staff.

He is a happy man!! Thank you all... He goes back to doctor in 2 weeks.

Had 2 cars collide in front of James in turn 4, he had

nowhere to go and slammed hard into one of the cars.

No hard feelings by anyone just a racing incident.

He is a mentor for these young men and women

in this class.

I just hope by the time they get James age they

are as tuff as him.

Janette

Janette,

I'm so glad to hear the doctor visit went well. James is one tough man, and I know you're a very special lady to help him recover from his injuries. Let me know if I can help you with anything, please.

I will share these photos now. I didn't want to post them right away while there might still be speculation as to James immediate condition.

Great to hear that James is doing well and his outcome is looking good in a relatively short period.

post-10304-1282140889.jpg

post-10304-1282140972.jpg

post-10304-1282140976.jpg

post-10304-1282140982.jpg

post-10304-1282140988.jpg

post-10304-1282140997.jpg

Archived