IMCA for 2011...

Excellent news, It would be great to get the I-Stocks added. After a transitional period im sure they would catch on. Consistent rules across the region, reasonable cost initially and week to week, and there are lots of affordable used parts and cars out there if somebodys current car doesnt conform.

The Hobby stock class is something I dont understand why it hasnt caught on in south TX. The rules are IMO much better and affordable that most current hobby stock rules in the area.

yeah i was reading the hobby rules last night my self.. but none of our cars (the street stocks) are any where near that.. so if they did change the street stocks then id assume every one would just go to edna and they would lose the class .. at first i too questioned why they wouldnt change us over but after reading some rules.. i think i prefer how we(the street stocks) are.. as long as they(the front runners) dont get much faster :ph34r:

Just wondering..IMCA has never had two tracks within 100 miles of each other running on the same night..And you have already put out your race dates..I know that i had some kicked back on me when i was at i37 because they were two day shows and i could not do that to another track that was IMCA..So i was wondering if you are jumping the gun..Thought maybe SOS and i37 were running different weekends?Just wondering??..Frank Torres

Just wondering..IMCA has never had two tracks within 100 miles of each other running on the same night..And you have already put out your race dates..I know that i had some kicked back on me when i was at i37 because they were two day shows and i could not do that to another track that was IMCA..So i was wondering if you are jumping the gun..Thought maybe SOS and i37 were running different weekends?Just wondering??..Frank Torres

As it stands right now everything is good, haven't had anything kicked back but it is a schedule and it is possiable that some changes may have to be made. I don't think it's jumping the gun, some Sponsors only take Proposals in August and September, make there decisions in October for allotment. They ask for schedules attached with these proposals so Jim and I sat down and put one together. So far so good, it's produced some quality Sponsorship. As for the milage, we are well within the set distance with room to spare. It would be nice to see two IMCA tracks running oposite each other with the driving distance for most being 2hrs. apart. I think it would be a positive for all parties envolved.

If I can answer anything else Frank please don't hesitate in contacting me on here or at the information below.

And to add to that Victor,I37 has been IMCA 10 years give or take a year,But now they should change there schedule because SOS has theres out Im sure you must be right...Frank T

No one is asking anyone to change there schedule nor do we expect anyone to build a schedule around us, let's not make more out of this than it really is. Certain situations dictated us to build our 2011 schedule now so that is simply what we have done, it's a business decision. The IMCA deal is simply a way to decrease cost and add some stability to both classes. IMCA also offers a package for weekly tracks to be sanctioned that we liked so we took them up on there offer. The feedback received from everyone at IMCA that I have spoke with has been very positive.

If I can answer anything else Frank please don't hesitate in contacting me on here or at the information below.

And to add to that Victor,I37 has been IMCA 10 years give or take a year,But now they should change there schedule because SOS has theres out Im sure you must be right...Frank T

Kelly, I think Frank was trying to say that IMCA has(in the past) usually NOT allowed two tracks within 100 miles of each other run on the same night...Although Killeen and Bellmead ran on the same night(65 miles), but IMCA wouldn't let San Angelo run the same night as Abilene(90 miles)......Perhaps they've reconsidered that recently......Which does seem odd unless there's something I don't know about(like not running a full weekly schedule).....By my Yahoomaps Goliad and Pleasanton are only 85 as the road goes and less as the crow flies....That little thing slipped my mind when we spoke this afternoon.....Damned old age....LMAO

I just hope that you and I-37 can work it out to have as few conflicting dates as possible.....and be fair to both tracks....

Victor.....what you have against IMCA anyway?

Archived