IMCA for 2011...

It is with great pleasure to announce that Shady Oaks Speedway will be 100% IMCA with the Modified & Sport Mod for 2011. There are several reasons why we have made this change, number one being a proven set of rules that are cost effective to the racers. That's what it's all about, making things more cost effective in the long run.

Please feel free to contact me at the information below anytime after 4:00 pm.

I know most of the modified run USMTS and UMP rules which allow AL heads with a weight penalty. IMCA is iron head only.

Might want to discuss with them because several of them run other tracks and classes when not scheduled at SOS.

I know most of the modified run USMTS and UMP rules which allow AL heads with a weight penalty. IMCA is iron head only.

Might want to discuss with them because several of them run other tracks and classes when not scheduled at SOS.

now thats what im talkin about kurt!

It is with great pleasure to announce that Shady Oaks Speedway will be 100% IMCA with the Modified & Sport Mod for 2011. There are several reasons why we have made this change, number one being a proven set of rules that are cost effective to the racers. That's what it's all about, making things more cost effective in the long run.

Please feel free to contact me at the information below anytime after 4:00 pm.

why not go imca for the full body cars too ?

that is the best news i have heard be good to see how many cars come out since they can cut motor cost by 70 percent

Thanks Buck, that is the reason Jim and I made the decision to go IMCA. Gotta get the cost down on these things. Money may be easy for some but for most they just point blank can't afford these things.

Not many outlaw mods around here anymore not like in years past when STS and Edna ran alot of them.

From what I have noticed most have gone to a Sport Mod, decided to travel with a series or just point blank shut them down. I love the passion these diehard Outlaw Mod owners have for there class but a change had to be made.

Jim and I gave this alot of thought but this had to be done in order to cut the cost of this class down. When you are spending close to the same on a Mod as you are a Late Model that's just too much.

Weather anyone wants to admit it or not the number one killer of any class is money. The more expensive a class gets to compete in the smaller the car counts get. I will admit for a traveling series I firmly believe it should be "run what ya brung" but for a normal weekly track there has to be a firm and cost effective set of rules in place. You have to make it more cost effective now a days for a weekly track to race.

I for one like what Owen has done with STS. He has three classes that produce over 20 cars per class and they put on one heck of a show. People thought he was crazy when he did that, guess he wasn't so crazy after all.

Sad to say but the world revolves around money and in this case we had to cut the cost of the Mod.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not the number one killer of any class is money. The more expensive a class gets to compete in the smaller the car counts get.

Ive been saying this for years.....I call it "pricing themselves out of the class"

From some of other message board scuttlebutt it apears some sanctioning bodies are listening too and looking for way to reduce motor costs on Mods.....Options discussed are crate motors, limited rear suspension(2-bar), harder tires(instead of softer)......

Hopefully Shady Oaks and I-37 can work out a schedule beneficial to both tracks to increase car counts at both track instead of divide them....

why not go imca for the full body cars too

IMCA also runs a Stock Car class(Street Stock w/350 carb) Hobby Stock class(Bomber w/DOT tires) and Sport Compact(FWD).....At this point in time no tracks south of Killeen run any of these classes so there would not really be a good base to draw from with the exception of 4 cyl/FWD cars.....That being said IMCA does allow a year or two for transition(or used to) of existing classes over to IMCA rules.

ANOTHER THING I KNOW JIM HAD INSURANCE BUT MOST OF US DONT SO IF AN ACCIDENT LIKE JIM HAPPENED TO ONE OF US WHILE RACING IMCA U R INSURED THERE R PLENTY OF BENEFITS PLUS POSSIBILTY OF 2 TRACKS TO RACE AT NOT JUST ONE HANG IN THERE IT WILL BE WORTH WHILE ;) IT TAKES AWHILE TO BUILD LOCAL CAR COUNT LIKE I-37 STARTED WITH LIKE 6 7 MODS THEY HAD 13 LAST WEEK AND I WAS NOT RACING ;) STILL BUILDING NEW CAR BUT HEY ITS DONE THIS WEEKEND LMAO ;)

Very Good News, I recommend gaining a good understanding of IMCA's General Rules and Race procedures so that from day one there is no confusions.

2nd, Take a look at the IMCA Stock Car class, very competitive class and you can gravitate other stock classes over the next 6 months. Going to all IMCA classes makes good sence, insurance, and consistant published rules.

3rd Once done, Promoter can pull in a great number of cars early and late in the years for special races.

RIGHT ON KELLY AND SOS SOME WILL NOT LIKE IT IM SURE BUT A USMTS MOD IS A MOTOR CHANGE AND TIRES TAKE THE SPOILER OFF AND GO RACE MOST THE TIME GREAT CHOICE ;) NOW WHEN U CALL WE CAN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOL ;):ph34r:

calipers, rear end, wheels, lower control arms and some body panels but yeah other than that pretty much the same.

Excellent news, It would be great to get the I-Stocks added. After a transitional period im sure they would catch on. Consistent rules across the region, reasonable cost initially and week to week, and there are lots of affordable used parts and cars out there if somebodys current car doesnt conform.

The Hobby stock class is something I dont understand why it hasnt caught on in south TX. The rules are IMO much better and affordable that most current hobby stock rules in the area.

Archived