Calling all superstocks

Alright guys, I know that I have not had a car out this year, but I am almost finished building one. I just got off the phone with Kelly and had a lenghty conversation about our class. It is going to take us- the drivers- to make something happen so we can continue to race OUR cars at SOS. If some of us have a problem with things that happened it the past, lets leave it there- in the past. If you feel like you can't leave it in the past, call Kelly and get it fixed so we can go racing. Quit airing your dirty laurdry out in a forum, it is getting us no where. Who wants to race superstock at SOS next year- #72 does. Crap, I would race at Texana once a month and at SOS once a month if it meant that I could race every other weekend with a full field of cars. Come on guys, lets come up with something before we have to park our cars out behind the barn and start building street stocks.

i don't usually say anything on here cause people interpret things so differently. i love racing, have since i was little. i do it for the fun, and if it was not for my friends and sponcers i would not be able to race. i have never done it for the money cause we will never get rich doing this. if a track were to tell me you wont get any money just a trophy if you win i would be fine with that. i would know a head of time and wouldn't expect anything more. i have been to tracks that do this. i have also been to tracks that pay 400 to win regardless of car count, i have watched both tracks die. the only way to keep cars coming and tracks open is to stay consistent with what ever you choose to do and compromise when possible to allow everyone to keep coming back. low car counts and too many classes in one night make fans not want to come back, and we are the ones putting on the show for them. i started racing in austin at longhorn speedway, there were only 4 classes. charger stock street stock and super stock with a traveling series of some kind every week. the stand were always full and the car counts were always good. i would like to see the super stock class grow and race at all three tracks that plan on having this class still, would be interesting to have like a traveling series with joint points for all three tracks. it would be difficult, and some would make it to a couple tracks, but not the others but, everyone wants a home track and that's cool too. just my thoughts and opinion.

super stock 522

You wouldn't be able to race every other week at 2 different tracks. Look at SOS and TRP's schedules, they race every other week so, you would have to race two weeks in a row to race at these tracks, one behind the other, or race one, skip two weeks then race the other track on the 3rd week. :huh:

You wouldn't be able to race every other week at 2 different tracks. Look at SOS and TRP's schedules, they race every other week so, you would have to race two weeks in a row to race at these tracks, one behind the other, or race one, skip two weeks then race the other track on the 3rd week. :huh:

Or we run one month in edna the other month in goliad and keep rotating months

We r in harvest season right now but we will try our hardest to get the super stock to SOS for the rest of the season maybe if y'all could get your cars together and everybody else shows up for the rest of the season over there maybe we can show them all the cars that are out there not counting the three in mickeys shop being built so if we can all get out there for the rest of the season maybe just maybe they will see the car count and reconsider there decision

We r in harvest season right now but we will try our hardest to get the super stock to SOS for the rest of the season maybe if y'all could get your cars together and everybody else shows up for the rest of the season over there maybe we can show them all the cars that are out there not counting the three in mickeys shop being built so if we can all get out there for the rest of the season maybe just maybe they will see the car count and reconsider there decision

we will bring out the 04 super stock next weekend at sos and as much as possible for the rest of the year budget allowing

we will bring out the 04 super stock next weekend at sos and as much as possible for the rest of the year budget allowing

So we have the 04, 24, 72(trying to finish up as fast as i can) and who else. 26F, 00, 522, 10, 3 are yall coming back out? Anyone else in the hunt to come race? Crazy Cajun, Mike Davenport? Bo Beckner's cousin picked his car up today, he is trying to make it to Edna this weekend, maybe he could make Goliad also. That is a full field there. As Danielson said on another thread, there are enough of us to make a full field, we need to work something out where we can be at the same track all of the time and trying to race every weekend cannot happen for everyone. I haven't mentioned Pleasanton because of the cars that we get from the east, Crazy Cajun, he has two cars and Mike Davenport, as this may be too far for them to haul to race. But I do think that if we pull together we can make something work between Edna and SOS, should be able to have a consistant full field.

28 is almost always there, what about the 13 truck he runs sometimes with yall.. i saw in another post some where that the 32 was trying to make it back out for the first time this season.. i guess it was the car that got wrapped around the hill last season.. thats the only 32 i can think of .. figured that car was done.

You guys can count on #3 being there to support. We can do Edna if we do a series it just a little too far to pull when you carry a group of 10 to 15 people to the races. I will not be calling to beg to race. just dont punish the one that do show up. If thats the case for less than six cars. Run for a dash for cash give us somthing so we can return. We can start promoting our selfs. Whatever you guys decide we will be there till the end of the season. Than rebuilt or dust off the old sportsmod,streetstock,or the 4 banger......I will not move up to the crate class......this is crazy.

I am Building a super. Should be done by late aug . The tracks need to show consistinsey , lower the pay out if there is not enough cars, but put it on paper so everyone knows what the deal is.. I like the touring idea . maybe that is something we could get in the schedule for next season.. Most of the supers that I have seen, have from 5,000 to 8,000 invested in them . I think the track should be willing to invest in the future of the class also.. if it means taking a loss on the class on the nights when there are not enough cars . but by lowering the payout adjusted to the amount of cars its not that much of a loss to the track and every one knows when they load up on sat that if you finish in the back your only gonna get 20 bucks.. I have heard a million times over the last 30 years drivers and owners say they don't race for the money , but it is nice when they can make enough to pay the gas bill . I know thats all I" am looking for . A super stock is not built so that you can make a couple of quick changes and turn it in to a street stock if the class go"s away . So I think being consistant is the key to getting pepole to build one or getting them out to race, knowing when they get done they will have a place to race .. Kind of like that old baseball movie " If you build it they will come"".. There are a lot of ashpalt late model cars around that that haven't raced since San Antoino closed in 2006 .. that could be bought cheap , less than a thousand for a roller or if the class had a future they might put on some dirt tires and come join the fun.. Which leads me to another question :: Why did we lower the minimum wieght to 2800 LBS ?? that made some pepole think that they can't compete with a car that weighs 3100 Lbs and they can"t get it any lighter ,, Walt #32 Super Stock / LLM

28 is almost always there, what about the 13 truck he runs sometimes with yall.. i saw in another post some where that the 32 was trying to make it back out for the first time this season.. i guess it was the car that got wrapped around the hill last season.. thats the only 32 i can think of .. figured that car was done.

Sorry, I thought I put the 28 in there and the 13 truck belongs to Greg Turner, he is working out of state a races when he can but has also bought a street stock. 32 says late august. Two more for sure.

I am Building a super. Should be done by late aug . The tracks need to show consistinsey , lower the pay out if there is not enough cars, but put it on paper so everyone knows what the deal is.. I like the touring idea . maybe that is something we could get in the schedule for next season.. Most of the supers that I have seen, have from 5,000 to 8,000 invested in them . I think the track should be willing to invest in the future of the class also.. if it means taking a loss on the class on the nights when there are not enough cars . but by lowering the payout adjusted to the amount of cars its not that much of a loss to the track and every one knows when they load up on sat that if you finish in the back your only gonna get 20 bucks.. I have heard a million times over the last 30 years drivers and owners say they don't race for the money , but it is nice when they can make enough to pay the gas bill . I know thats all I" am looking for . A super stock is not built so that you can make a couple of quick changes and turn it in to a street stock if the class go"s away . So I think being consistant is the key to getting pepole to build one or getting them out to race, knowing whenthey get done they will have a place to race .. Kind of like that old baseball movie " If you build it they will come"".. There are a lot of ashpalt late model cars around that that haven't raced since San Antoino closed in 2006 .. that could be bought cheap , less than a thousand for a roller or if the class had a future they might put on some dirt tires and come join the fun.. Which leads me to another question :: Why did we lower the minimum wieght to 2800 LBS ?? that made some pepole think that they can't compete with a car that weighs 3100 Lbs and they can"t get it any lighter ,, Walt #32 Super Stock / LLM

The track has been consistant in payout, the cars have not been consistant to show up. It stated since the start of the season fewer than six cars will run for entry fee back. Call Kelly, he is willing to invest in the future of this class, we just need to show up and let him know that we want to be out there. It was stated at the beginning of the season that fewer than six cars would run for entry fee only. As cars fell out the pay scale slid until everything has hit rock bottom. To the best of my knowledge the weight has been 2800 since the track opened. Tech man may be able to answer that question for you. Glad to see you are about finished with you car, I am finishing mine up now also, has taken ALOT more time and work than I planned.

The 68x engine is being rebuilt right now. I've only been there twice but want to race more. A once a month schedule at SOS would be ideal for me and I would be there.

looked like almost all of the super stocks took damage tonight at edna .. i can see why the class is going away.. lots and lots and lots and lots of rubbing and pushing=flying debris and parts every where .. :ph34r:

The 68x engine is being rebuilt right now. I've only been there twice but want to race more. A once a month schedule at SOS would be ideal for me and I would be there.

looked like almost all of the super stocks took damage tonight at edna .. i can see why the class is going away.. lots and lots and lots and lots of rubbing and pushing=flying debris and parts every where .. :ph34r:

Thats not a surprise at all and why not racing every single week would help that class.

I really didnt see that at all. I seen the 83 and the 75 get together once but it didnt even cause a cation. There was one spin out in turn two but everyone continued, and there was 8 cars. Considering how dry slick the track was I thought they did a great job. there will ALWAYS be more wrecks on a dry slick track but generally the damage wont be as severe.

what are you talking about!! There was more beating and banging going on in tha street stock class!!! Wait maybe you were at a different track!!

I really didnt see that at all. I seen the 83 and the 75 get together once but it didnt even cause a cation. There was one spin out in turn two but everyone continued, and there was 8 cars. Considering how dry slick the track was I thought they did a great job. there will ALWAYS be more wrecks on a dry slick track but generally the damage wont be as severe.

I have to agree with Victor on this one. All in all I thought everyone in this class did well and put on a good show.

what are you talking about!! There was more beating and banging going on in tha street stock class!!! Wait maybe you were at a different track!!

Congrats Eric on another win, you were hauling the mail, looked good. I thought you and the 67 car were going to give us a standup show but then....

Congrats Eric on another win, you were hauling the mail, looked good. I thought you and the 67 car were going to give us a standup show but then....

its always bad with dry slick..because it seems like every one tries to hard and doesnt give any one any room! .. that was our assumption.. either way good driving by floyd.. but i still saw alot of rubbing in turn one .. and as far as the street stocks go it was the same few cars as always.. couldnt stand a few new cars out running them.. they know who they are and good job by the ORANGE 21 for keeping his cool through all the mess and coming up with a good finish!

Archived